Recruitment Specialist, Human Resource Services
As a Recruitment Specialist you will be joining our UM Human Resource Services (HRS) recruitment team and the larger HRS team. Our team is made up of light-hearted, lively, hardworking, and dedicated human resource professionals who passionately pursue producing quality work and providing exceptional customer service to the campus community and broader community. We believe in creating a pleasurable and collaborative work environment. The recruitment team oversees all hiring and recruiting of faculty, staff, administrators, and contract professionals for the University of Montana. The recruitment team plays a significant role in advancing and supporting UM’s initiatives on diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we welcome applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
As the Recruitment Specialist, you will work independently to efficiently work with campus partners to complete recruitment processes. You will illustrate a high level of initiative and independence; exercise sound judgment and accountability daily to make multiple decisions that significantly impact the campus community; maintain strict confidentiality; always represent the University of Montana with integrity and professionalism; and demonstrate efficient time management, problem-solving, and organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
We encourage our team members to keep up with the ever-changing industry by actively encouraging them to advance their skills and participate in campus events, committees, and trainings. We encourage engagement by actively listening and considering ideas and suggestions from all team members in matters related to incorporating new practices or the latest tools, materials, and techniques used to streamline work.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Provide oversight and guidance to hiring managers and search committees involved in the recruitment and selection process; makes recommendations as appropriate; provides advice regarding the most effective interview and selection tools; ensures the fair and equitable treatment of all applicants; utilizes applicant tracking software to source positions, conduct recruitment processes, and report recruitment and selection information; maintains the database and archives for all recruitments; creates vacancy announcements and advertisements for various publications and websites
- Consider issues that may arise when generating applicant pools for specialized positions.
- Create and apply marketing strategies with the goal to produce an abundant, talented, and diverse applicant pool; market UM as a desirable employer
- Participate in strategic planning to review current practices and make suggestions to improve existing practices and develop new practices to provide better service for both internal and external customers
- Conduct research; compile, analyze, and review historical and statistical data
- Review materials for completeness and compliance with established policies and procedures
- Function exceptionally well as a member of the HRS Recruitment Team to complete projects and accomplish goals; provide information and assistance to UM administrators as needed
- Serve as an active member of project groups; contribute ideas and coordinate efforts to achieve desired goals; evaluate processes and make recommendations for improvements
- Exercises sound judgment and accountability when making high-level decisions
- Maintains field currency by researching trends and related topics
- Interpret, communicate, and apply Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment guidelines and regulations, University policies and procedures, and collective bargaining agreement language to the recruitment and selection processes
- Works closely with the Recruitment Manger to ensure that all Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity guidelines are followed
- Meet with various sized groups of the UM community to present process information in a clear and concise manner provides appropriate training; prepare presentation materials in a variety of formats suitable for the intended audience
- Develop and distribute training/informational tools
- Assists potential applicants in navigating the recruitment process
- Serve on campus and community committees, attend meetings, and maintain relationships with committees and campus/community partners (Diversity Advisory Council, Business Advisory Council, Missoula Job Service)
This position you will develop a working knowledge of University policies and procedures and federal and state regulations regarding recruitment and hiring; develop a working knowledge and experience with Banner database software; and develop an advanced working knowledge of our applicant tracking system and other systems used in the recruitment process (SilkRoad, U-Approve, and Accurate Background).
- Knowledge of and experience in hiring practices and procedures
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Effective public relations and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals and create and maintain effective relationships with the campus community and the general public
- Demonstrated professional communication skills both written and verbal; ability to explain guidelines and hiring practices to others (faculty, staff, administrative officers and the general public); demonstrated exceptional business English, spelling, composition, and grammar ability; and ability to draft, proofread, and layout various documents for the intended audience
- Knowledge of professional office practices and procedures
- Demonstrated service aptitude, which includes knowledge of customer service practices and the ability to adapt service delivery to customer expectations
- Utilize organizational and time management skills to complete tasks accurately and within established deadlines
- Ability to problem-solve, exercise sound judgment and maintain a professional, personable demeanor
- Project management skills, which includes taking a project from inception to completion
- Possess a steadfast commitment to diversity, maintaining an inclusive institutional environment, and a demonstrated ability to work closely and constructively with a wide variety of constituents
- Ability to learn and apply Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity guidelines, principles and practices
- Ability to learn and apply the University of Montana policies and procedures and CBAs
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and Banner Database software
- Ability to research, analyze data and provide appropriate reports
- Ability to participate in strategic planning
- Basic knowledge of and ability to apply marketing strategies
Minimum Required Experience
- High school diploma (or equivalency) in addition to two (2) years of progressively responsible experience; or any combination of experience and education to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position
About UM and Missoula
UM is a unit of the Montana University System with over 9,000 students. Over 75,000 residents call Missoula home. Missoula is surrounded by mountains with quick access to skiing, hiking, mountain biking, and huckleberry picking. Three rivers flow through Missoula with the Clark Fork River passing by the north side of campus and blue river trout fishing on nearby Rock Creek. Missoula offers exceptional dining, a vibrant arts community, and a growing music scene for all genres. In 2019, the scenic KettleHouse Amphitheater on the Blackfoot Rive was ranked #71 for Top 100 Amphitheaters Worldwide by Pollstar . Beyond the county line, abundant opportunities to explore and learn exist in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park. UM acknowledges that we are in the aboriginal territories of the Salish and Kalispel people. We honor the path they have always shown us in caring for this place for the generations to come.
UM offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
UM is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: Recruitment Specialist
Position Number: 013600
Department: Human Resource Services
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Salary: $16.58/hr - $18.75/hr – Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: none
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Monday, April 19, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner