Assistant Director of Infrastructure
Assistant Director of Infrastructure
North Carolina Central University
Closing Date: 4/23/2021 at 11:55 PM
Primary Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for the management, planning and implementation of the North Carolina Central University's (NCCU) IT infrastructure and associated operations. This includes, but is not limited to the campus, network, systems and telecommunications. This position is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of technology infrastructure in support of NCCU's students, faculty, staff and affiliates. This position is responsible for delivering effective IT services; planning, implementing and upgrading infrastructure resources; and managing a staff of skilled IT professionals.
Bachelors or master’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Ten or more years of progressive experience in IT
• Three or more years of leadership responsibilities
• Preferably five or more years of experience in a similar role in higher education.
• Demonstrated experience in project management, infrastructure design and staff development
• Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to support a VRF-Lite campus network built on Cisco Systems’ hierarchical internetworking design model
• Ability to manage complex virtualization deployments, including VDI, using hypervisors from Microsoft and VMware
• Experience managing a hybrid cloud architecture leveraging public cloud providers including AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
• Knowledge of cloud computing technologies such as SaaS (Software as a Service), IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), and PaaS (Platform as a Service) with the understanding of when they should best be employed
• Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate an infrastructure & operations vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns with the IT and business strategy
• Ability to build strong partnerships with across campus departments and units and demonstrate the business value of IT
• Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment in which resources may not be in direct control of this role
• Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
• Understanding of budget planning and financial management, preferably with showback and/or chargeback models
• Deep understanding of current and emerging infrastructure and operations technologies and practices, and how other enterprises are employing them
• Application of appropriate regulatory or statutory compliance, including HIPPA, FERPA and information security frameworks
• Deliver effective service management through the definition and adoption of a governance practice that uses KPIs and metrics to track and measure the quality of service. Integrates them with key accountabilities to ensure consistency of approach and continual service improvement
• Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the University to enhance capabilities that support campus objectives
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to University leaders, and business concepts to the infrastructure & operations team members
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This recruitment is a repost; previous applicants do not need to reapply.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.nccu.edu/
North Carolina Central University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.