Physician Vice President, Health Care Delivery Sciences
- Position: Physician Vice President, Health Care Delivery Sciences
- Location: Chicago’s Northern Suburbs
What you will need:
- License: Illinois
- Certification: Board Specialty Certification
- MD or DO degree or PhD in an epidemiology, health services research, implementation science or other relevant field
- If MD or DO, Master’s degree or higher with fellowship training in clinical epidemiology, health services research, or outcomes-related field
- Academic track record as evidenced by publications, conference presentations, external funding
- Track record of mentoring others to achieve academic growth, productivity, promotion
- Demonstrated success in assuming increasing administrative and leadership responsibilities at the clinical department and system-level
- Minimum of 7-10 years of clinical experience
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and collaboration
- Must have a track record of clinical excellence and patient-centered care and communication
What you will do:
- Reporting directly to the Chief Medical Officer, the candidate will lead and support the academic and scholarly work related to innovations and advances in quality, patient and provider experience, informatics, analytics and outcomes research across the organization.
- Mentor individuals across multiple clinical departments and teams and assist key organizational leaders to identify and shape initiatives so they have local and scholarly impact.
- Collaborate with key organizational leaders to advance the strategic impact of the simulation program, QI training and other learning and development curricula.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to clinician-investigators across multiple departments so that their scholarly activity is locally and academically relevant and impactful.
- With other key organizational leaders, help to develop and implement an evidence-based quality improvement curriculum that builds on the IHI program and provides practical tools to enhance measurable improvement across a range of clinical and operational indicators.
- Work with the Quality and Population Health leadership to identify strategic priorities and opportunities in quality and population health and help advance the clinical outcomes of key populations across the continuum.
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is an integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the U.S. The NorthShore system, headquartered in Evanston, Illinois., includes six award-winning hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park, Northwest Community Skokie, and Swedish. NorthShore comprises three exemplary physician networks, totaling more than 4,250 doctors across immediate, primary, specialty and complex care; and 170+ office locations and 35+ immediate care centers. NorthShore has an established reputation with more than 17,000 team member’s system-wide.
We offer competitive salary/benefits and a financially strong organization in Chicago’s most desirable suburban locations.
At NorthShore University HealthSystem, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of our mission to support our team members and patients - irrespective of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. We believe that by recognizing and embracing our differences we create an organization that welcomes all to contribute and grow.
We invite all candidates to apply to our team, as we continue to build on the incredible value our diverse talent brings to our organization, our community and our patients.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission "to preserve and improve human life" through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.