Endowed Professor and Assistant / Associate Professor of Clinical
The School of Nursing and Health Studies at the University of Miami is looking to fill varies positions, Endowed Professor, Assistant Professor of Clinical and Associate Professor of Clinical.
Miami is now the eighth largest metro area in the United States, and Florida is the third largest state. Thanks to zero state income taxes, cultural diversity, a tradition of entrepreneurship and a fine climate, Miami is attracting a massive influx of wealth and talent from around the world. Already a destination for health and wellness and medical tourism, Miami aims to become a leading global technology hub in life sciences, health care technology, fintech, green technology, digital transformation, and the internet of things.
We are one of the largest private employers in Miami, home to more than 16,000 faculty and staff from all over the world. The School of Nursing and Health Studies at the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida, is recognized as a world-class center for nursing education. U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Graduate Schools” ranks SONHS’ master’s programs 34th and the Doctor of Nursing Practice program is ranked 38th. The School’s scientific portfolio is ranked 23rd in the nation among schools of nursing for NIH funding.
The School plans to appoint full-time tenure-track and clinical positions at the rank of Endowed Professor, Associate Professor of Clinical and Assistant Professor of Clinical. These positions provide an outstanding opportunity to lead collaborative work with other faculty members, preceptors, clinicians, and researchers in the fields of nursing, health sciences, public health, and social and behavioral sciences. Additionally, these faculty members will:
- Prepare Nursing, Public Health, and Health Science graduates to meet global healthcare workforce demands through a rigorous academic and clinical curriculum.
- Partner with a network of 250-plus clinical community and global partners and providers, including the University of Miami Health System and Jackson Health System, one of the nation’s largest public health systems.
- Provide unparalleled hands-on simulated experience through the use of our five-story, 41,000-square-foot state-of-the-art Simulation Hospital for Advancing Research and Education. S.H.A.R.E. ™ is one of the nation’s first education-based facilities replicating fully functioning hospital, clinic, and home health care environments.
- Bring positive world-changing research and scholarship to fruition by incorporating state-of-the-art facilities with interdisciplinary, evidence-based science.
The University of Miami is among the top tier higher education institutions in the U.S., known for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common mission of transforming lives through education, research, innovation, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork, we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes to making the U a great place to work.
Applications will be considered at the Endowed Professor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor ranks. Appointments will commence as early as July 1, 2021. To be eligible, candidates must hold a Ph.D. or terminal degree in their field by the appointment start date. The University of Miami is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit letter of interest, curriculum vitae, copies of 3 recent publications, and contact information for 3 professional references via the online application process. For questions regarding this position, please contact Zuzer Calero at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for this position will be accepted until a candidate is identified.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Coconut Grove
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Coconut Grove
- Nursing Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Coconut Grove
- Pediatrics Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Coconut Grove