Assistant/Associate/Professor of Anatomy (Bradenton, FL)
JOB SUMMARY: The Assistant/Associate/ Professor of Anatomy is responsible for traditional lecture, preparation of prosected cadaveric specimens, and laboratory instruction to osteopathic medical and graduate students. The position also includes integration as facilitator into the College of Medicine’s problem-based learning (PBL) curriculum. The successful candidate is knowledgeable and qualified to teach their area of subject expertise at a Medical College level and able to contribute to the development of the college through research and service.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are a list of academic exercises that may be required as a full-time member of the anatomy faculty from time to time:
- Serve as content expert in area of expertise;
- Serve as Problem Based Learning (PBL) facilitator;
- Provide examination questions for PBL exams in area of expertise;
- Interview prospective candidates for the College of Medicine (COM);
- Serve as advisor/mentor to assigned students;
- Serve as advisor to at least one student club;
- Serve on committees, as assigned;
- Provide, at minimum, one scholarly activity or research project yearly;
- Preparation of educational tools (A/V, demonstration models, lectures, lesson plans…etc.);
- Preparation of demonstrations, lectures, small group discussions, and the selection of suggested and required reading from various sources, and coordinating these educational tools with other faculty members;
- Prepare evaluation tools that will aid in the evaluation of students’ work product and help to identify students that are discovered to be weak in various areas;
- Attend “Team” meetings approved by COM that require advancement of your profession;
- Faculty member will contribute and be responsible for overall student success, including, but not limited to, advising and student outcomes;
- Faculty member will contribute directly to the Mission of LECOM embodying the essence of Osteopathic Principles and Practices by assisting with Institutional fundraising and participating in the LECOM Scholarship Auction;
- Faculty member will participate in scholarly activity so to enrich and broaden the student learning experience;
- Faculty member will commit to being a representative of LECOM by being actively involved in the community, including, but not limited to, serving on Boards, participating in community fundraisers and overall outreach;
- Must be able to take direction and receive assignments from the Assistant Dean of Pre-Clinical Education;
- Must be available for work during the hours assigned, for student instruction; and
- Accept other duties assigned/needed for the Institution’s needs.
Applicants must complete the online application and upload current CV (curriculum vitae) to the application site. The applicant must also email a cover letter outlining how he/she would enhance the LECOM family , a statement of teaching philosophy, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of student and patient’s privacy (i.e. FERPA, HIPAA…etc.);
- Follow proper OSHA and safety guidelines; Protect equipment (office, medical, facility);
- Strong communications skills are essential as well as computer literacy (MS Office Suit [i.e. Word, PowerPoint and Excel]) and accurate data entry skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Must be accurate and attentive to detail;
- Must be trained and certified on the Institutional Data System;
- Maintain an established work schedule;
- Effective use of interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy;
- Effective use of organizational and planning skills, including attention to detail and follow-through;
- Must be able to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands;
- Must maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- Be able to be flexible to accept other duties needed/assigned for the COM;
- The ability to work cooperatively and collegially with others, consistent with a workplace of dignity and respect and EEO rules and regulations;
- The ability to report to work as scheduled, ready to devote full attention and energy to the important work of LECOM; and
- The ability to accept work directives from managers and supervisors in a respectful and cooperative manner.
Education and experience equivalent to: Doctorate level of achievement (Ph.D., D.O., M.D., or Ed D) and prior experience of 2-5 years' experience with cadaveric dissection, teaching gross anatomy, embryology, histology, and neuroanatomy to graduate and medical students.
Preference will be given to individuals with a progressive and innovative teaching philosophy and previous experience in a small group teaching or facilitating environment. Additional qualifications to strengthen the applicant include: a strong desire to foster learning in an innovative curriculum, advisement and mentorship of medical students, a positive attitude and progressive teaching philosophy, and ability to contribute to the development of the college through research and service.
Faculty rank and salary are dependent on qualifications and experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Bradenton
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Bradenton
- Medicine Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Bradenton
- Other Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Bradenton