SMU-2105242-Administrative Coordinator-Podiatric Medicine (Oakland Campus)
Under the general direction of the dean and the administrative leadership of California School of Podiatric Medicine (CSPM), the Administrative Coordinator provides general program support to CSPM. Support includes maintenance of the CSPM administrative infrastructure: grade submission, student registration, classroom scheduling and faculty support. The incumbent must be highly experienced and skilled in day-to-day office management. The incumbent participates as part of the administrative team in decision-making, the creation and implementation of policies and procedures, and the preparation of reports related to operational issues.
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
An Asterisk (*) denotes an “essential job function” for ADA purposes.
65% - Operations*
- Management of the CSPM grade reporting process, including submission of course and clinical rotation grades, grade changes, incomplete grades and in-progress grades.
- Provides administrative support for the CSPM leadership team.
- Manages scheduling of classroom assignments for courses and on-campus rotations.
- Provides administrative support for accreditation reports.
- Manages and oversees the incorporation of new technologies into applicable programs and services, including the training of faculty and staff members in these technologies.
- Supports the faculty examination process, including examination construction and implementation using the SMU learning management system.
- Manages and oversees course and rotation attendance, including monitoring of all absences.
- Manages and oversees the independent contracting process.
15% - Communications*
- Functions as a liaison between CSPM and the other SMU offices and departments.
- Use initiative and independent judgment to manage and resolve problems, concerns and complaints.
- Manage and maintain specific CSPM data and confidential files for use by the deans and faculty members.
5% Committee Assignments
- Provide staff support for CSPM Dean’s Council and the Podiatric Medicine Education Advisory Committee (PMEAC).
- Represent CSPM on assigned committees, work groups and employee forums for the SMU community.
15% - Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communicator who is capable of establishing a positive and supportive rapport with students, faculty and staff members.
- Able to problem solve and work well as a team player.
- Demonstrate commitment to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Simultaneously handle multiple priorities that change frequently.
- Use keen judgment skills and independently manage and resolve student and faculty concerns, complaints and other issues.
- Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Programs.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Handle privileged information in a confidential manner.
- Detail oriented and skilled in organization and coordination of complex projects.
- Good analytical skills.
- Professional in manner and attire.
- Available to work two to four Saturdays per year.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five years of experience working in an academic environment, including extensive contact with students required
- Able to lift, bend and flex the upper body
- Able to be sedentary for extended periods of time
- Able to travek across campus several times per day
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds and push and pull carts
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to build a welcoming and supportive campus environment, and acknowledge that diversity is an educational imperative to achieve excellence.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Oakland