Welcome to Furman University's Career Site!
- IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading before clicking Next.
- If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please ensure you have all necessary documents available before starting.
- The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have no field, type "None."
- If you have previously applied, make sure your information is current as you can transfer it to another application.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources via email at
email@example.com or by calling 864-294-2217.
Furman College Advising Corps is seeking College Advisers for the 2021-22 school year who will help South Carolina High School Students figure out "life after high school."
Furman College Advising Corps is seeking recent college graduates to serve as College Advisers in South Carolina High Schools to help students plan for "life after high school." Part of the National College Advising Corps network, Furman College Advisers work full-time in a participating high school and provide advising to high school students and their families to help them plan for their post-secondary education, whether it be a four-year college or university, a two-year college, or a technical training program. Furman College Advisers are AmeriCorps members, who serve an 11-month term (which may be renewed for a second year), and receive an AmeriCorps Education Award upon completion of their service. College Advisers receive comprehensive training and support from Furman College Advising Corps staff, and work as a member of the School Counseling department at their assigned schools.
For the 2021-22 school year, we are seeking College Advisers to serve at schools in Lancaster, Chester, Greenville, and Clarendon counties. Candidates must have a bachelors degree, in any subject area, earned within two years prior to the start of their term of service. Please visit https://www.furman.edu/community-engaged-learning/projects/college-advising-corps/ to learn more about our program or https://advisingcorps.org/ to learn more about National College Advising Corps. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references with your application.
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open ended):
To apply, visit https://furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Furman_Careers/job/Off-Campus/College-Adviser_R001080
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to create a community of people representing a multiplicity of identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief, sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background, ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.