ASSISTANT MENS BASKETBALL COACH
ASSISTANT MENS BASKETBALL COACH
Posting Number: SRGV4976
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Scope of Job:
To assist with the daily coaching and recruitment activities of Men's Basketball program. Assist the Coach with all areas of the program including but not limited to coaching, film exchange, and budget administration and recruiting of prospective student athletes.
Description of Duties:
• Oversees and participates in practice and game coaching.
• Participates in the planning of practices.
• Participates in the planning of game strategy.
• Participates in the recruiting of new student athletes.
• Submits travel expenditure reports.
• Monitors student-athletes to determine academic status.
• Participates in instructions and demonstrations during practice and conditioning sessions.
• Monitors conditioning, summer camp, community involvement, public relations and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
• Plans and coordinates special events for department functions.
• Participates in the review and evaluation of opponents’ game film.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
General supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
As condition of employment this position requires the applicant to be authorized to operate a University-Owned Vehicle for Official University Business. Per University of Texas System Policy 157, applicants will be subject to a motor vehicle record check for their most recent thirty-six (36) month history. Out of State Drivers are required to submit a 36-month history MVR from their prior State of residence(s). Mileage used on personal vehicle will be compensated at the state rate. The use of personal funds will be required for travel but will be reimbursed according to state and university guidelines.
Three (3) years of collegiate level and/or professional level coaching and/or playing experience.
Use of standard office equipment, personal computer, and audio/visual equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Long and varied hours. Frequent weekend and evening activities.
• Understand and adhere to all policies and procedures of the University, Conference and the NCAA. Assume complete responsibility to ensure that the student-athletes conduct themselves in an appropriate manner in accordance with NCAA policies.
• Understand that violation(s) of NCAA rules could result in sanctions being placed against the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and the University.
• Attend regularly scheduled compliance meetings to maintain knowledge of current and recently established policies.
• Have familiarity and knowledge of NCAA Division I rules required as part of job duties.
• Ability to exhibit integrity with high ethical standards and strict adherence to NCAA, conference, university and departmental rules and regulations as well as solid commitment to academic integrity, student-athlete welfare, ethnic diversity and gender equity.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/30/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27892