TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST - PART TIME
This position reports to the Director of the Center for Instructional Excellence and has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assists in: technical training, reviewing curriculum and online course materials;
- Assists in development of web-based materials, development of plans for the institutionalization of new practices and improvements as part of regular college programs;
- Assists in delivering assistance and academic services training on web-based support and online communication tools;
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as assigned.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Minimum of an associate's degree with a focus on educational technology and/or faculty/student instructional services from a regionally accredited college;
- Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience;
- Expertise in providing technical training and assistance to faculty and staff in various aspects of distance learning;
- Experience with web-site development;
- Knowledge of Learning Management System software such as Desire2Learn;
- Knowledge of online instructional best practices and active learning strategies;
- Ability to work cooperatively with faculty and staff;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Other qualities, experiences, and skills that enhance one's value to the institution;
- Exceptional employment experiences or educational qualifications may be given special consideration.
A Bachelor’s degree with a focus on educational technology and/or faculty/student instructional services from a regionally accredited college.