Associate Management Advisory Analyst
- Work under the general supervision of the Senior Management Advisory Analyst or Management Advisory Services (MAS) Manager.
- Assists with the purchasing card (pcard) compliance monitoring function, including periodic reviews and continuous monitoring of pcard transactions.
- Assists with data analysis to identify pcard, travel, and other transactions for further follow-up.
- Assists with the completion of complex and/or specialized financial, operational, and/or internal control reviews to ensure compliance with state and institutional policies and procedures.
- Supports the MAS department by participating in other reviews and monitoring functions as needs are identified, and keeps MAS management informed of progress.
- Documents and communicates work performed, results obtained, and suggestions for improvement in a clear, accurate, and technically concise manner.
- Assists with change management support as needed.
- Keeps supervisor informed of work progress and improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of financial principles and internal control framework.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Creativity in exploring and suggesting solutions.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of discretion for confidential information; ability to appropriately handle critical information and sensitive situations.
- Ability to effectively represent department and interact with all levels of staff and external contacts.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Cooperative and service-oriented attitude; must be able to work under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at HRJobs@umaryland.edu.
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact HRDiversity@umaryland.edu. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.