Sponsored Projects Accounting Manager
- Manage functional personnel in alignment with department and campus-wide goals/objectives in order to promote maximum staff member benefit and effectiveness as well as overall functional productivity. Oversee the recruitment, performance, and training of team members and continually reviews strengths and weaknesses of staff to maintain a well-trained, highly involved, and motivated team.
- Participate in the most complex accounting projects and project accounting data to show the effects of proposed plans on cash and overall financial condition.
- Responsible for management of daily general ledger activities relating to sponsored projects and ensuring documentation of work performed, results obtained, and suggestions for improvement in a clear, accurate, and technically concise manner.
- Serves as the expert and main point of contact on federal government cash management systems and oversees the cash recovery process for federal awards funded under multiple letter of credit agreements. Manages the establishment of letter of credit for federal grant awards in the accounting system. Oversees timely and accurate billing of centralized clients.
- Monitor, review and evaluate ongoing functional processes and controls, assessing needs and facilitating improvements. Develop metrics and perform quality assurance reviews to ensure the accuracy of daily ledger postings related to sponsored projects. Proposes system enhancements and interacts with IT staff to test, train, and implement improvements.
- Oversees preparation and distribution of accurate and timely invoicing, reporting and analysis of month-end, quarterly, and year-end close reports for sponsored projects. Ensures reconciliations are completed timely and accurately.
- Develops internal reports and queries that support the analysis of other teams within SPAC.
- Determine performance compliance with University policies and procedures regarding internal, business, fiscal and operational accountability and compliance. Develops, implements, and coordinates policies and procedures. Coordinate reports and responses to internal and other external agencies.
- Foster and support a conducive consultant/client environment, providing SPAC and campus representatives with assessment, training, and advisement regarding sponsored projects accounts receivable, collections, and financial compliance. Collaborate with management and internal/external partners to support University goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement training programs as needs are identified.
- Informs senior management of work progress and improvements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience: Four (4) years of experience in financial accounting, budgeting, auditing, assessment of internal controls, or financial analysis.
Supervisory: One (1) year of direct management involved in recruitment, training, and professional development of staff.
Preferred Certification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Financial Manager (CFM), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred.
Other: Credit history review may be required.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at HRJobs@umaryland.edu.
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact HRDiversity@umaryland.edu. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Financial Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Grants & Contracts Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore