Sponsored Projects Accounting Analyst
SPAC Accounting Analyst
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), Office of Sponsored Projects Accounting and Compliance (SPAC) is currently recruiting for a SPAC Accounting Analyst. This position involves sponsored projects accounting and compliance functions such as analyzing, monitoring, preparing, invoicing, and reporting. Assists campus with sponsored projects management by developing resources and providing training.
This position accomplishes responsibilities by applying specialized and theoretical knowledge, principles, and concepts of sponsored projects accounting. Utilizes independent judgment and exercises discretion. Resolves significant matters on behalf of management. Contributes to development and evaluation of sponsored projects goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate will personally connect with the Administration and Finance Guiding Principles which closely mirror UMB’s core values: Accountability, Civility, Collaboration, Diversity, Excellence, Knowledge, Leadership, Communication, & Work/Life Balance.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Review financial data for accuracy and clarity. Collaborate with management and internal/external partners to support University goals and objectives.
- Reviews award documentation to identify key data elements, award terms, and conditions, invoicing, and reporting requirements. Ensure information is reflected accurately in the financial system.
- Interprets reports to identify sponsored projects that require invoicing and reporting. Complete invoicing and financial report in compliance with the terms and conditions stated in award documents and ensure deadlines are met.
- Review accounting entries for compliance with applicable grant and contract terms, regulations, and policies and procedures.
- Identifies and investigates compliance deficiencies. Conduct budget, financial, and/or fiscal reviews and make recommendations.
- Maintains performance compliance with University policies and procedures regarding internal, business, fiscal, and operational accountability and compliance.
- Evaluate financial scope and objectives. Perform testing to accomplish reviews and special projects. Assisting campus departments to correct identified deficiencies as needed.
- Conduct budget, financial, and fiscal reviews.
- Support management with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Assists in coordination of responses to internal or external agencies, including site visits, desk reviews, and audits.
- Develop an understanding of contract, grant and cooperative agreement terms and conditions, as well as other administrative rules, cost principles and regulations under OMB' Uniform Guidance, the FAR and the NIH Grants Policy Statement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration.
Two (2) years of financial or management accounting, budget, auditing, assessment of internal controls, financial analysis, post-award accounting, or lifecycle research administration experience.
One (1) year of direct sponsored projects accounting. Higher education experience preferred.
Other: No substitution of experience for minimum education requirement.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at HRJobs@umaryland.edu.
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact HRDiversity@umaryland.edu. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Financial Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Grants & Contracts Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore