Manager of Network Infrastructure and Services
Manager of Network Infrastructure and Services
Reporting to the Director of Special Projects, Networking & Telecommunications this position is responsible for managing and leading a team of technical engineers that are responsible for engineering, designing, expanding, integrating, securing, deploying, managing, monitoring and maintaining the college’s network infrastructure while enforcing network security policies. This position is also responsible for overseeing user access to the network.
The ideal candidate is an individual who can navigate a rapidly evolving field and is a demonstrated expert in all aspects of network engineering, monitoring and troubleshooting.
Our Network and Infrastructure team consists of innovative problem-solvers and we seek an enthusiastic and technically competent candidate to lead and manage our team. For the right individual this is an exciting professional opportunity in a rewarding, challenging and fast-paced environment. If you take tremendous pride in your work and you are ready to both lead and learn the College welcomes your candidacy for the position of Manager of Network Infrastructure and Services.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years of related professional experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Professional licensures, certifications or designations are also required; such as Cisco CCNA.
Master’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science is preferred.
- Manage the daily operation of the wired and wireless network,
set standards for quality of service and ensures data integrity,
network uptime and secure access across all platforms. This
includes network hardware and software, including routers,
switches, WAP’s and network related appliances, in addition to ACI
and VMWare infrastructure that supports virtual machines that
facilitates network access and tools. This position provides
supervision to Network staff for training/mentoring and is
responsible for performance management.
- Provide direction and mentoring to the technical team of Network Engineers who develop and build solutions using a variety of technologies.
- Responsible for the activities of the team, leading change management, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of the projects.
- Lead the development, management, and implementation of Marist
College’s network infrastructure.
- Manage the design, installation, maintenance, and monitoring of Marist College networks, including all network routing, switching, wireless, and end device security.
- Lead high-availability initiatives to ensure proper design and implementation to guarantee all servers and services remain functioning during outages.
- Create and communicate key networking metrics and analytics to appropriate parties
- Assist in the technical configuration, implementation, and maintenance of all network related devices.
- Design, implement, and manage network security policy
enforcement and cybersecurity best practice strategies.
- Ensure best practices and security requirements are employed for the configuration of network technology and services
- Ensure all network infrastructure is patched and upgraded in a timely manner
- Support the selection, design, development, and implementation of cyber and information security technology
- Ensure cyber threats are identified, monitored, and contained
- Support effective cybersecurity incident response and recovery
- Support monitoring and analysis of network and systems behavior
- Research, document and present emerging networking and security
technologies in order to successfully implement them in the network
- Stay current on the latest trends, technologies and best practices to enhance the overall infrastructure.
- Participate in online forums, mailing lists and any other means to keep up with all of the emerging technologies.
- Evaluate new products, participate in beta trials and recommend new products to enhance the overall network. This includes hardware, software, and appliance based product solutions for both network, and security related services.
- Participate in “on-call” duties within rotating schedule
- Rotating on-call duties shared amongst the team. The lead network and security engineer needs to be available to assist if needed even if not currently on-call.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to assist, participate or learn any other type of network or security related function not listed above.
About the Department and School:
As a leader in educational applications of technology, Information Technology (IT) offers students, faculty, and staff access to advanced technologies to help promote a strong sense of community. A distinguishing feature of the Marist education is the manner in which information technology is used in support of teaching, learning, and scholarship. This environment creates a strong applied research culture and includes Marist students as young paraprofessionals, which makes Marist unique within higher education.
Marist IT staff come from diverse career and educational backgrounds. Our community of technologists collaborate to support a commitment to excellence with 80 staff members within 15 departments, more than 200 student paraprofessionals, and a 24/7/365 operation. Effort, talent, and commitment are rewarded and recognized within the division both internally by leadership, and externally through numerous industry accolades and awards. No two days are ever the same while working in IT. With our focus on open-source technology and innovation, we are committed to finding more effective and practical ways to use technology to meet institutional goals.
We are looking for excellence, attention to detail, strong ownership of one’s work, and exceptional problem solving and project management skills. If you are a critical thinker with the ability to solve problems independently and as part of a hard-working team, we welcome your application for the Linux System Administrator position.
Located on the banks of the historic Hudson River and at its Florence, Italy campus, Marist College is a comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts. Its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community of the 21st century.” Marist is consistently recognized for excellence by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 385 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (10th Best Regional University/North, 5th Most Innovative School/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others. The College is top-ranked for long-term study abroad (#4 in the U.S.) by the U.S. State Department’s Open Doors report. Marist educates more than 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students and 1,400 adult and graduate students in 47 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs, including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees, and also Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs. To learn more, please visit https://www.marist.edu/about
To learn more or to apply, please visit https://www.marist.edu/careers. Only online applications are accepted.
Marist College is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and is especially interested in receiving applications from members of ethnic and racial minority groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and persons from other under-represented groups.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER