Title: Service/Sanitation Worker
Bates Dining, Conferences and Campus Events is the food service provider for the campus. The department oversees all dining related operations and janitorial duties in Commons. This position primarily performs front of the house service and building wide janitorial tasks.
This position calls for someone who has an eye for detail, is a thorough cleaner, understands customer service and possesses the ability to work independently. The ability to work well with others from diverse backgrounds and exemplary organizational, communication and time management skills are a must.
- 100% - • Performs service and sanitation-related duties as assigned. These include, but are not limited to: Service: assisting on food platforms, stocking and cleaning front-of-the-house food and beverage stations, cash handling, and assisting in room set-ups for meetings and events. Sanitation: assisting in the daily operation of the dish room, at assigned positions, and performing all janitorial positions as assigned. These include, but are not limited to: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning mats, and maintenance of recycling and trash facilities. • Ensures that proper sanitation and safety standards are maintained. • Promotes and values diversity and practices two-way communication. • Develops an excellent working relationship with other areas of Dining. • Maintains the highest levels of customer service practices at all times. • All other duties as assigned. - (Essential)
• High school diploma or equivalent desired.
• Previous experience in a food service operation desired.
Skills and Knowledge
• Ability to establish rapport quickly with faculty, students, staff and outside clients staying composed and friendly.
• Commitment to customer service.
• Exemplary organizational and time management skills are a must.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Understand and thrives in a high-volume food service environment.
• Creativity and expertise in most facets of food production.
• Ability to follow written and oral directions.
• Ability to work independently.
• General food service knowledge.
• General knowledge of dishwashing and sanitation.
• Must be able to make appropriate decisions regarding the service of food.
• Must understand and practice recycling and other sustainability practices.
• Personal commitment to excellence and the mission of a top-tier small liberal arts college.
• Demonstrated awareness of, and sensitivity and commitment to diversity and inclusivity and to serving the needs of a culturally and educationally diverse and inclusive community with diplomacy and tact.
Bates College offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits (health, dental, retirement contribution with potential for an additional 3% match, sick and vacation days, 12 paid holidays, free parking, access to library and athletic facilities & more) and a supportive, collegial environment in a drug- and smoke-free workplace. *Benefits may be tied to years of service or may be prorated for employees working less than full-time or 12 months.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Bates College is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and providing an educational and work environment free from discrimination. The college prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status and other legally protected statuses in the recruitment and admission of its students, in the administration of its education policies and programs, or in the recruitment of its faculty and staff. Bates College adheres to all applicable state and federal equal opportunity laws and regulations. All college faculty, staff, students, contractors, visitors, and volunteers are responsible for understanding and complying with the Non-Discrimination Policy.
Inquiries concerning the college’s policies, compliance with applicable laws, statutes, and regulations (such as Title VII, Title IX, and ADA/Section 504), and complaints may be directed to Gwen Lexow, Title IX Officer, 207-786-6445 or via email at email@example.com .
Bates is internationally recognized as a leading liberal arts college, attracting 2,000 students from across the U.S. and around the world.
Since 1855, Bates has been dedicated to educating the whole person through creative and rigorous scholarship in a collaborative residential community. Committed to opportunity and excellence, Bates has always admitted students without regard to gender, race, religion, or national origin.
Cultivating intellectual discovery and informed civic action, Bates prepares leaders sustained by a love of learning and zeal for responsible stewardship of the wider world. Bates engages the forces — intellectual trends, demographic changes, and technology — that are transforming higher education and the world into which our students graduate.
Bates has highly competitive admissions, graduates over 90 percent of its entering students, and more than half of its alumni earn graduate degrees. Bates employs 200 faculty members and 550 staff.
The college is proud of deep roots in the Lewiston/Auburn community, Maine’s second-largest urban area with a population of approximately 65,000. Bates is located on a beautiful, 133-acre, traditional New England campus in Lewiston, an emerging city with an entrepreneurial climate, a lively arts scene, and a dynamic business community. Bates is 35 miles north of Portland, 140 miles north of Boston, and 350 miles north of New York City.
Please submit an online application. You will be asked to provide information about your work history as well as contact information for three professional references. A resume is encouraged but is optional. This position requires the successful completion of a pre-employment background screening and physical.
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Advertised: Feb 22 2021 Eastern Standard Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Lewiston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Lewiston
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Part Time jobs in Lewiston
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Lewiston
- Food Services Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Lewiston