Program Coordinator - Student Enrollment
About Highline College
Founded in 1961, Highline College is situated in a diverse community just 15 minutes south of Seattle. The college annually serves more than 16,500 students –– a student population of over 70% students of color, representing 35 nations and more than 100 languages. The college embraces equity, inclusion and social justice, with core goals of student attainment, diversity, community Engagement and sustainability. The student body at Highline College is made up of Transfer students, Running Start students, Professional-Technical students, International students, Comprehensive Transition Program for students with intellectual disabilities, Adult Basic Education and English Language Learners. In addition, we offer six bachelor of applied science, four-year degrees.
Mission and Vision
As an essential part of our mission and vision , diversity, equity and inclusion are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life.
The Program Coordinator for Student Enrollment is part of the Enrollment Services team and provides specialized coordination of the enrollment process working directly with students, faculty, staff and the public. This position is the primary point of contact for enrollment, providing customer service for enrollment transactions, support for students in navigating enrollment processes and information on enrollment policies.
The Enrollment Services Department is responsible for facilitating enrollment transactions, including add/drop, enrollment verifications, data reporting, tuition waivers, pre-requisite checking, waitlist management, tuition calculation, grading, student records, transcripts, entry codes and ID cards. The unit provides customer service through the front counter, virtual lobbies, via email and phone as the interface for both Registration/Records, and Credentials Evaluations. The person in this position is expected to participate fully as a member of the Enrollment Services team, supporting other functional areas to facilitate admissions, persistence, graduation and transfer.
This position is a classified full-time position, which is eligible for overtime. Schedule: Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Salary Information :
The above salary reflects the starting step (Step C) Range 38 for this classified position and includes a 5% King County compensation provision. As a newly employed classified employee, based on annual increments, it will take 5 years to reach Step L on the salary schedule. This does not reflect any contractual changes, legislative mandated salary increases or Cost of Living Increases (COLA's) that may be approved in the future.
Reporting to the Program Support Supervisor, this position will:
Customer Service (50%)
- Provide quality customer service to students, staff, faculty and the general public regarding enrollment, policies, procedures and regulations;
- Contact and provide follow-up to students to support next steps in the enrollment process;
- Provide problem resolution for students and assist students in addressing college navigation problems, track student issues and record resolution, inform supervisor, Registrar and Dean on options and recommendations;
- Answer phone lines, respond to emails and phone messages in a timely, professional manner;
- Greet visitors, students, staff, faculty and community members at the Information Desk, switchboard, Registration/Records counter in person and electronically, i.e. Zoom lobbies;
- Respond and direct inquiries to the appropriate point of contact in a timely manner.
- Process student enrollment transactions in ctcLink including adding, dropping, waitlists, term activation, updating program/plan, assigning student groups and service indicators while ensuring accuracy and timeliness;
- Maintain confidentiality of student records as outlined by FERPA and Highline College policies and procedures;
- Process tuition waivers in the ctcLink system;
- Process and coordinate drops in accordance with tuition refund policy and communicate as needed with students and the Cashier's office;
- Assist with course prerequisite eligibility process;
- Independently review and interpret enrollment data in multiple college management systems;
- Update forms, calendars, websites, communication templates and guides;
- Track service data and assist with documentation of processes;
- Develop and maintain efficient office work flow, including intake, filing and archiving;
- Scan documents, distribute and process mail, and maintain office area;
- Contribute to the development of presentations, webinars, workshops and guides focusing on processes and student navigation;
- Provide support for all enrollment processes including enrollment verifications, release of records, grading, intake and tracking of incoming transcript requests and graduation applications, outgoing transcript requests and data tracking and reporting;
- Provide back up support for Admissions department functions during peak times, or as needed.
- Actively engage in department and campus community professional development opportunities, cross-training, meetings and committees;
- Provide input into policies, processes and procedures to advance the college and unit missions and objectives;
- Provide training to part-time hourly staff, student workers, other areas, and new staff in collaboration with supervisors.
- Work both independently and as a member of a team;
- Actively identify areas for improvements and propose solutions;
- Independently prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines;
- Maintain the confidentiality of protected or sensitive information;
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism by contributing to a positive work environment and a commitment to high quality work;
- Cultural competency skills, including a commitment to anti-bias and equity and an appreciation of a highly diverse environment;
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service and communication skills that foster the respect and confidence of others;
- Proficiently use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and web browsers;
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written);
- Troubleshoot, ask relevant questions to identify problems find solutions;
- Navigate technical, web-based environments.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Associate's Degree; AND
- Two years of office related experience in a customer service environment.
- Bachelor's Degree;
- Experience in higher education student services;
- Fluency in languages other than English;
- Experience with PeopleSoft.
Your online application must include the following to be considered complete:
- A detailed resume that addresses the MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS of the position;
- A letter of application/cover letter (two-page maximum, recommended) that addresses your ability to meet the QUALIFICATIONS, and KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES for the position;
- A one-page response to the Supplemental Question.
• National Criminal Background Check may be required;
• This position is covered under the Washington Public Employees Association (WPEA) bargaining agreement.
NEED APPLICATION HELP?
Should you have any difficulties uploading your documents or navigating the application process, please contact NEOGOV Technical Support at 1-855-524-5627, Monday - Friday 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time.
HIGHLINE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Highline College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is committed to enhancing the diversity of our faculty and staff, as well as our student population. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientations, and gender identity diversity. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected status.
The College complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodations in the application process in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources office at (206) 592-3812. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service.
TITLE IX COMPLIANCE
Highline College complies with Title IX regulations. For details on our policies, see our website https://humanresources.highline.edu/faculty-and-staff/policies/title-ix/
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Moines