IT Support Representative
Haverford College seeks to hire a full time (37.5 hours per week), non-exempt, benefit eligible IT Support Representative. Under the direction of the ProDesk Manager, the IT Support Representative provides systems and service support to members of the Haverford community. Support may include hardware and software troubleshooting, developing documentation, inventory support, needs gathering, and computing tickets. Support is provided in person, by phone, and by email. Normal Schedule is M-F during normal ProDesk operating hours.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
Provide services as a member of the ProDesk staff including, but not limited to:
- Initial client contact and baseline information gathering in person, by electronic means or by telephone.
- Accurate documentation of client interactions including specifics about technical incidents and requests via Web Help Desk (ticketing system)
- Proper escalation of tickets requiring 2nd tier support
- Recognition and reporting of incident patterns possibly leading to systemic problems
- Provide client follow up as necessary
Maintain and use a working knowledge of systems, services and products provided and supported by llTS. Maintain and use a working understanding of at least two supported end user hardware platforms and related operating systems.
Maintain general awareness of advances and current trends in technology. Assist in development and maintenance of online client resources. Create documentation on internal procedures and document various department activities as assigned. Assist in the organization and coordination of events that further the technical understanding around best practices in higher education computing for colleagues and clients. Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
Line of Report: The IT Support Representative reports to the ProDesk Manager. No positions report directly to the IT Support Representative.
Education, Training, & Experience:
A. High school diploma required; Associates Degree preferred.
B. Demonstrated proficiency with Windows and Mac OS along with at least one mobile OS.
C. Previous experience in a client-facing position.
D. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, reading, writing and spoken English skills.
Demonstrated understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the academic, cultural and social l diversity in the Haverford Community.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position:
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds)Three to six hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds):Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds):Up to three hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds):Up to three hours
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction:Up to three hours
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction):Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body):Up to three hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body):Up to three hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position):Up to three hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position):Up to three hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees):Six to eight hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully
flexing knees):Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground):Up to three hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders,
scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces):Up to three
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary):Up to three hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.):Up to three hours
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures):Up to three hours
To Apply : Interested candidates should complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) references by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Cam... . The application deadline is Monday, April 12, 2021. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.