The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
is the development of professional health care practitioners
through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom,
clinical, and distance education.
The Manager of Pro Bono and Telehealth Initiatives is responsible
for developing and implementing technology rich USAHS pro bono
experiences that enhance the quality of life for community members
while simultaneously contributing to USAHS students’ clinical
readiness through course experiences that advance care models
embodying practices such as telehealth, culturally inclusive
treatment models, and interprofessional collaborations. He/she will
provide oversight and leadership for the delivery of quality of pro
bono clinic experiences via face-to-face, telehealth, and hybrid
modalities, including clinical oversight and compliance,
technology, operations, staffing and resource support, curricular
integration, assessment, and onboarding and training of clinical
providers, faculty, and staff. The Manager of Pro Bono and
Telehealth Initiatives will lead curricular integration and
assessment efforts for pro bono clinic or telehealth learning
experiences within courses. He/she will be knowledgeable about
current telehealth policy, legal and regulatory requirements for
pro bono clinic delivery, reimbursement, telehealth platforms and
equipment, and market trends and ensures compliance with all.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management of Pro Bono Clinic Delivery Operations
Clinical Oversight of Pro Bono Clinics
- Provides vision, coordination, and collaborative leadership to
develop innovative pro bono care opportunities that advance
- Leads and manages pro bono clinic experiences across all USAHS
campuses, responsible for the overall operations, student
oversight, clinical provider oversight, and patient care in
specific clinics, and in accordance with all specific state and
- Develops annual budget and expenses for approved projects;
administers the budget, approving expenditures and reviewing
- Leads cross-departmental teams to create, launch, oversee and
deliver new telehealth services, technology, and other resources to
support quality pro bono clinic experiences and care.
- Ensures standardization and compliance with University campus
and academic policies and procedures across campuses and delivery
- Supervises and evaluates care provided in pro bono clinics to
achieve superior clinical outcomes.
- Works with appropriate staff to develop referral networks and
facilitate patient communication, coordination, and quality care
- Collaborates with Legal Counsel to develop and maintain legal,
regulatory, and privacy policies and procedures guiding pro bono
- Partners with leadership and staff to ensure clinical provider,
faculty, and student compliance with all University and regulatory
policies through regular reporting, training, and
- Acts as a primary resource for faculty to coordinate care,
resolve issues or incidents with patients, and liaise with Legal
Counsel when necessary.
Training and Development
- Partners with academic leaders, including Associate Deans and
Program Directors, Directors of Curriculum Quality, and Director of
Clinical Education, to integrate telehealth and pro bono
experiences within and across the curriculum, and work with key
stakeholders to contribute to curricular and clinical
- Leads efforts to create, deliver, and assess interprofessional
pro bono clinic experiences.
- Sets measurable goals and objectives for existing and new pro
bono clinics, tracks metrics and outcomes.
- Ensures that pro bono experiences embedded within the
curriculum are appropriately documented and evaluated using the
adopted EMR system.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with iLIFE to develop, deliver, and continuously
improve training opportunities and instructional materials
available to faculty and staff delivering pro bono clinic
- Develops compliance, training, and curricular material for
students participating in pro bono clinic course experiences.
May perform other duties and responsibilities from time to time
that management deems necessary.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Director, Simulation Education and CICP Operations
Not applicable at this time but may change as department
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in
education, health professions, technology, or a related field. A
Doctorate in education, health professions, or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role in an academic
- Experience with online education administration and/or
- Fluency with and a record of integration of current and
emergent educational technologies into teaching practice.
- Experience as faculty or working with faculty as a peer in
health sciences education strongly preferred.
- Experience in simulation-based education and training,
evaluation of outcomes, patient safety, and implementation of
innovative simulation-based education and training programs
necessary, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Proven experience as clinical director or other managerial
- Experience in clinical supervision and program management
- Experience with telehealth
- Solid understanding of budgeting, resourcing, and performance
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO) and regulations for
the clinical field
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient
- Excellent communication and people skills
May include occasional travel, up to 15%, to campus locations in
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
Building partnerships and working
collaborativelywith others to meet shared objectives.
Being Resilient -
Rebounding from setbacks and adversity
when facing difficult situations.
Instills Trust -
Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Drives Results -
Consistently achieving results, even under
Creating new and better ways for the
organization to be successful.
Customer Focus -
Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
Drives Engagement -
Creating a climate where people are
motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its
People Leadership -
Leads by example when it comes to
finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition
strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and
development of high potential talent.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but
may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves
operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours
daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional
office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other
physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national