Academic Accounting Technician
Posting Number S01375 Position Title Academic Accounting Technician Internal Position Title Academic Accounting Technician Department Engineering/Math/Phy Sci Div Position Type Staff Job Family Classified Job Summary
The College of Lake County is seeking an Academic Accounting Technician. Under the supervision of the Associate Dean, Engineering, Math and Physical Sciences, the employee provides clerical support for the divisions, provides information to students and the public regarding the divisions, and makes referrals to other areas of the college as appropriate. Processes all requisitions, vouchers, and procurement reconciliations for both divisions.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. A minimum of 2 years’ experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including a proven high proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
3. Peoplesoft (Oracle) or other system experience.
4. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS :
Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports and communicate with others. Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment. Proven ability to work effectively with individuals and teams from diverse backgrounds and professional responsibilities. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to multi-task and work under pressure. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and schedules. Ability to work with confidential information.
1. Associate in Applied Science degree within field of AOS – Administrative Office Systems or college course work related to office technology degree field preferred.
2. Bilingual in Spanish and English
Posting Date 04/02/2021 Closing Date 04/18/2021 Expected Start Date 05/03/2021 Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $18.59/Hr. Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Flexibility to work other hours, as needed.
Software Testing Required Excel, MS Word, Outlook Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
1. Processes purchasing requisitions for faculty and staff, including but not limited to finding account numbers, processing purchases through the Finance system, keeping track of Purchase Orders, and ensuring timely payment of vouchers.
2. Prepares and reviews forms such as purchase order requisitions, invoice forms, and requisitions.
3. Updates and maintains division databases and coordinates purchase orders and requisition responsibility for career services.
4. Coordinates with Purchasing regarding requisitions, vouchers, and procurement.
5. Assists in the follow-up and audit of procurement card transactions.
6. Assists in updating policies or procedures for accurate record filing and retention as it pertains to finance and procurement.
Student/Customer Service: 5%
1. Communicates with and provides updates to students as assigned, which includes but is not limited to informing students of class cancellations, incomplete grade verifications, and other pertinent information.
2. Maintains a professional office atmosphere to ensure proper office workflow.
3. Greets and directs visitors, answers telephone calls, responds to questions, routes calls, and inquiries appropriately.
4. Demonstrates solid commitment to CLC goals and initiatives. Demonstrates the Service Excellence communication method towards customers and ensuring student success is at the forefront of all we do, while building the College’s reputation as a premier educational institution.
Dept operations/processes: 15%
1. Assists in making travel reservations and processes expense reimbursements for division administrative and professional staff.
2. Schedule’s meetings, places purchase orders, tracks budget expenditures, prepares payment requests and change of salary forms, assists with textbook ordering, and solves other divisional problems as necessary.
3. Organizes and maintains files needed for the financial operation of the divisions.
4. Ensures security and confidentiality of files and records.
5. Assists in maintaining and coordinating repairs of office equipment
6. Files or prepares documentation and maintains office records.
7. Assists the administrative staff by assembling information for a variety of assignments including, but not limited to assembling information for course proposals and approvals.
8. Maintains various departmental lists and confidential or public mailing lists.
9. Prepares a variety of divisional correspondence and sorts and/or routes incoming correspondence.
10. Follows all institution and regulatory policies, procedures and standards. Utilize self-appraisal to determine progress in meeting performance management system objectives and career goals.
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
2. Responds to emergency situations by contacting supervisory personnel and/or campus police
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have a minimum of 2 years' experience with Microsoft
Office Suite, including a proven high proficiency in Word, Excel,
- * Do you have Peoplesoft (Oracle) or other system experience?
- * Do you have an Associate's Degree in Applied Science within
the field of AOS - Administrative Office Systems or college course
work related to office technology degree field preferred?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1