Adjunct Faculty, Music (Euphonium)
Posting Number F00669 Position Title Adjunct Faculty, Music (Euphonium) Internal Position Title Adjunct Faculty, Music (Euphonium) Department CommArts/Hum/Fine Arts Div Position Type Part-Time Faculty Job Family Adjunct Faculty Job Summary
The College of Lake County is looking for an Adjunct Faculty, Music (Euphonium) to join the Music Department.
Adjunct is needed to teach applied instrument lessons for euphonium and/or tuba students.
The Adjunct must create and distribute a course syllabus, teach all required class sessions, and evaluate student progress in line with outcomes and expectations of the department.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
Bachelor’s degree in Music and at least 5 years of professional experience.
Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
M.M. or M.A. in Music, or other Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in Music.
Posting Date 04/02/2021 Closing Date 08/06/2021 Expected Start Date 08/23/2021 Special Instructions Summary
This posting will be used to obtain a pool of qualified candidates. As teaching needs arise, applications will be reviewed for possible interviews. The number of adjunct faculty hired varies from semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department. Adjunct faculty hires and assignments are coordinated by the department chairs.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Your application can remain under consideration for the academic year. You may check your status at any time by logging into email@example.com with your username and password. Thanks for being patient with the adjunct faculty hiring process.
Pay Rate Per Adjunct Contract Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week Varies by lesson length, and number of students Work Schedule
Varies based on section(s) taught
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None Summary of Essential Functions
• Instructor must create and distribute a course syllabus, teach all required class sessions, and evaluate student progress in line with outcomes and expectations of the department.
• Teach courses in subject field. Develop instructional materials. Assess student learning and assign grades. Attend required Adjunct meetings in the Fall and Spring semesters. Participate in college governance and other aspects of academic life. Maintain current knowledge of subject matter.
• Faculty members are expected to maintain current in compliance training, including compliance under Title IX “Responsible Employee” and, if applicable, Clery Act Campus Security Authority.
• Select, prepare and maintain current curriculum, course outlines and printed and non-printed instructional materials.
• Teach courses as scheduled each academic semester.
• Provide instructional support to the students. Refer students, when appropriate, to sources of specialized services within the College.
• Provide the Division and the students a syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, attendance policies in line with those of the college, texts and readings, timelines and evaluation criteria, and any other information required by College, Division, or departmental policy.
• Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions or examinations. Provide feedback in a timely manner on student progress.
• Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles.
• Maintain office/discipline/grade/division records as required by the College.
• Be available for student consultation through phone or email.
• Use the appropriate College policies and procedures to resolve and document student complaints, concerns and problems.
• Assist in developing and administering discipline-appropriate measures of student academic achievement, use departmental testing instruments as provided. Administer other instruments designed to measure student learning outcomes as requested and required by the department. Provide all results as requested.
• Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and current course syllabus and approved textbook (and/or related instructional material). Meet all classes for the scheduled time.
• Submit all grades (mid/final) electronically prior to the required deadlines. Provide the Registrar appropriate grade records.
• Encourage students to submit course evaluations, review course evaluations when available and use feedback to improve course delivery.
• Revise and update course content as needed.
• Participate, when appropriate, in the formation and meetings of program advisory boards, college, division, and department committees.
• Maintain a high level of professional ethics.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean or Associate Dean.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Music and at least 5 years
of professional experience?
- * Do you have a M.M. or M.A. in Music, or other Master's degree
with at least 18 graduate hours in Music?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Arts Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Music Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Other Arts Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Performing Arts Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake