Research Study Coordinator
Job Code/Title 81742 - H - Technologist HS 2 Position Number HU1335 Working Title Research Study Coordinator Department Psychiatry Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $20 Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 6-10 Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The position will be located at the Virginia Institute for Psychiatric and Behavioral Genetics ( VIPBG ) (www.vipbg.vcu.edu). VIPBG is world-renowned for its contributions to the genetic epidemiology of behavior and psychopathology. Its faculty and affiliates represent diverse disciplines including molecular genetics, psychology, epidemiology, and statistics.
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI), the Research Coordinator performs administrative, supervisory, and direct participant contact duties and is responsible for coordinating activities essential to the successful management of the research study. Work will be independent and as a member of the study team, working under general supervision, resolving most standard issues independently and referring complex issues to the PI.
• Be the primary contact person for data collected via multiple avenues for current study
• Correspond with participants and potential participants about consent procedures, study goals, and how to receive compensation following completion of study participation
• Monitor and maintain REDCap and SONA data for interested and eligible participants in order to screen for enrollment in study
• Be available to answer questions potential participants have about study activities; be able to clearly answer questions about what participation entails
• Complete participant payment via e-Amazon gift cards
• Write and edit syntax to be used for data analyses
• Understand and help PI with writing and submitting amendments to VCU IRB in a timely manner
• Maintain regulatory binders in an audit-ready state
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively and effectively with individuals from different backgrounds
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field.
• Previous experience in a research or laboratory setting.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of clinical research management to include: regulatory, human subject’s protection, study conduct, and data management requirements.
• Experience with REDCap
• Experience with SPSS, excel or similar data management program
• Previous experience working with clinical participants
• Experience with SONA
• Be well-versed in statistical analyses that may be used to answer study questions (e.g., ANOVAs, regression, structural equation model, mediation), and ideally multiple statistical programs (e.g., SPSS, Mplus, R, SAS )
• Masters or doctoral level degree in psychology, counseling, or related field
Job Open Date 04/05/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Schedule is flexible, and work can be done entirely remotely, pending approval from PI.
For the required “Other Documents”, please provide the name and contact information for 3 references.
Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104824 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other Document