Post Doctoral Fellow - (STA007168)
Possesses, understands, and applies a comprehensive knowledge in area of specialization. Develops understanding and skills to allow for completion of assignments that cross fields of specialization. Develops leadership and management skills.
- Receives/Reviews progress and evaluates results of experiments or projects under control or supervisory responsibility.
- Recommends changes in research, testing or experimental procedures.
- May be responsible for a single highly technical and complex piece of research equipment.
- May review and evaluate the effectiveness of personnel.
- May plan for and assign personnel to projects under control.
- Operates with latitude for unreviewed action.
- May receive general supervision conferring with higher levels only in unusual situations.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Additional Job Posting Information:
Postdoctoral Research Position in Transient Kinetics at UH/INL Job Information
The group of Prof. Grabow in the William A. Brookshire Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the University of Houston (UH) in collaboration with Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is seeking up to two postdoctoral researchers. The expected starting date is June 2021 and the initial appointment is for 1 year. The position may be renewed annually at the discretion of UH, based on satisfactory performance, funding availability, and programmatic need.
We seek motivated postdoctoral researchers to assist us in the development of novel tools and processes in the area of dynamic catalysis science. Successful candidates will carry out and interpret transient kinetic experiments and/or perform operando spectroscopic catalyst characterization. The candidate will also be involved in data analysis, interpretation, and the development of kinetic models integrated with data science approaches.
Experience with the use of transient kinetic and/or operando spectroscopic techniques, and kinetic modeling are highly desired along with a demonstrated publication record in the area of catalysis science or reaction engineering. Responsibilities may also include catalyst synthesis, conventional catalyst characterization, and the design and testing of new reactor concepts or dynamic process conditions.
The project team is multidisciplinary and distributed across academia, national laboratories, and industry; thus, the candidate will be responsible to document and regularly present findings to the research team, present results at national/international meetings, and publish research in peer-reviewed journals.
- PhD degree in Chemical Engineering or a closely related discipline. All degree requirement must be completed before the commencement of the appointment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Significant experience in experimental catalysis science or reaction engineering.
- Experience with kinetic models and/or data science
- Strong record of publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific conferences
- Ability to address complex problems creatively, and to work effectively both independently and in collaboration with other researchers.
The collaborative nature of the project with INL will require extended stays or temporary relocation to Idaho Falls, ID. Travel and excess living expenses are reimbursable according to applicable UH travel policies.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Doctoral and No experience
Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional discipline or the highest level of general business knowledge, normally acquired through attainment of a directly job-related terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed.No experience is required.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Geology & Earth Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston