Research Scientist - Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research - (FAC001772)
The University of Houston College of Pharmacy invites qualified applicants to apply for a full-time, research faculty position at the rank of research scientist in the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research. We are seeking outstanding individuals with research experience. The successful candidate will be involved in increasing scholarship productivity within the Department, increasing the national recognition of the College, and building a research enterprise.
The Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research is made up of 33 full-time faculty members. The vision of the department is to be a leader in pharmacy and postgraduate education through excellence in translational, clinical and outcomes research. The department has a strong group of faculty that conduct high-level translational and clinical research. This will be a key position to expand our research infrastructure and increase our research visibility around the nation.
The research scientist position will support grant funds and contracts. The position will function as project coordinator to oversee Institutional Review Board compliance as well as manage the recruitment, enrollment, retention, data collection, and data processing for studies. In addition, the research scientist will participate in experiment design, data analysis, annual report preparation, and scholarly writing for publications and presentations. The research scientist will also work with the PI and co-Investigators to provide training and direct supervision to graduate research assistants working on projects. The position is grant funded and subject to continued funding.
The University of Houston is an ADVANCE institution, one of a select group of universities in receipt of National Science Foundation funds in support of our commitment to increase the number and success of women faculty in the STEM fields. Applications should submit a Curriculum Vitae to show record of peer-reviewed publications, a one-page research statement, and the names and contact information of three references.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- PhD or Doctorate degree in microbiology science
- Experience working in an academic environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A successful record of peer-reviewed publications
- Strong knowledge of statistics, measurement, and experience with statistical software
Experience in the following:
- Performing in vitro study of gene expression;
- Performing RNA sequencing and library construction according to prescribed protocol;
- Performing bioinformatic analyses;
- Running phase III level trials;
- Performing time-kill studies;
- Identifying cell morphology;
- Performing microscopy preparations;
- Performing static and live microscopy imaging; and
- Preparing study results for presentation and publication.
Notes to Applicant: Official transcripts are required for a faculty appointment and will be requested upon selection of the final candidate. All positions at the university are security sensitive and will require a criminal history check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Pharmacology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston