Visitor Services Desk Attendant
The RISD Museum is seeking two part-time Visitor Services Desk Attendants to ensure and promote a positive visitor experience by welcoming and greeting a wide variety of clientele, including but not limited to students, general visitors, tour groups, parents, and/or alumni. The incumbent will process transactions such as issuing memberships, admissions tickets, event registrations, and group sales; collect payments and distribute the appropriate change, information, and collateral material. The Visitor Services Desk Attendant responds to routine questions about the Museum, the RISD community and greater Providence, promotes Museum programs, classes and events, and actively solicits museum membership sales. Other administrative tasks include supporting the External Affairs team with marketing, development, or membership projects and initiatives.
- Receives and greets incoming guests, visitors, tour groups,
parents, alumni, and corporate members.
- Processes financial transactions for visitors including but not
limited to admissions, membership sales, special events and Museum
courses. Accepts payments via cash, check or credit card using
Altru POS system and issues appropriate receipts and/or
- Checks in groups for guided and self-guided visits. Uses Altru
POS system to complete the group check-in and payment
- Complete opening and closing cash drawer procedures including
counting and balancing drawer daily.
- Utilizes knowledge of RISD Museum, RISD community and
Providence area to help answer routine customer service questions
and visitor inquires regarding Museum events, exhibition and
gallery locations, RISD campus events and local attractions.
- Actively promotes Museum programs, classes and events.
- Actively solicits museum membership sales by explaining
benefits, program details, additional opportunities, discounts and
incentive options and overall structure.
- Maintain brochure racks, ensure brochure information is
available, current and in stock.
- Answer general Museum and RISD campus inquiries via the front
desk telephone and respond accordingly.
- Maintain guest book
- Ensure the safety and cleanliness of front desk area and report
any issues to supervisor, Facilities or Public Safety as
High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience. One to three years of progressively responsible customer service experience in a retail or service-oriented environment Understanding and experience working in academic settings preferred. Demonstrated ability to help meet sales goals and targets. Understanding of RISD and Providence community preferred. Ability to build relationships and rapport. Must be able to resolve visitor issues, complaints, and problems. Ability to work with numbers. Ability to work within a team to accomplish program goals. Ability to communicate relevant information about current and future Museum programming to visitors. Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills and proficiency with internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, database management, PC-based and web-based applications.
12 months per year
Documents Needed to Apply:
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
For certain positions, RISD is currently supporting remote work arrangements due to the pandemic. When work resumes in person, employees are expected to perform work on campus.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
For internal use only - Job Family:
Museum Visitor Services
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Providence
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Providence
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Providence
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Providence
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Providence