Faculty of Engineering & Computer Science
VinUniversity – College of Engineering and Computer Science
Rooted in Vietnam to become a world-class university, VinUniversity invites global talents to join us to develop research and innovation that can promote positive and tangible impact to the lives of people, both locally and globally.
Eight reasons to consider joining VinUniversity:
- Attractive compensation with a dynamic tenure track, in which your performance will be measured by publications at top-tier journals and conferences, as well as positive and tangible impact to the lives of people, both locally and globally.
- Potential for competitive seed-funding, up to $100,000 for tenure-track faculty and potentially more for distinguished faculty, to support their research in the first three years at VinUniversity.
- Opportunities to strengthen your research team by awarding up to 30 PhD and postdoctoral scholarships per year under the Vingroup Science and Technology Scholarship Program (https://scholarships.vinuni.edu.vn/) to conduct research at VinUniversity in collaboration with other top universities in the world.
- Professional development fund of $6,000 per year for tenure track faculty, disbursed at your disposal.
- Research mentorship program with Cornell professors on research projects for new assistant professors to fast track their career in academia.
- VinUniversity students are among the top 2% in the country, passionate and hungry to learn. We are applying for launching the first PhD programs (including in Computer Science), expected in Fall 2021.
- Strong and deep connection to the country’s largest and most prestigious companies in the fields of healthcare, hospitality, car manufacturing, retail and real estate which will leverage our research focus on Smart Health – Smart Service – Smart Tourism – Smart Manufacturing.
- Spacious and modern workplace in a beautiful, newly built campus in Hanoi, one of the fastest growing cities in Asia.
THE COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & COMPUTER SCIENCE
Through excellence in academics, research, and innovation, the College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) aims to create a generation of young leaders with the qualities, skills, and knowledge needed to lead the development of science and technology, to increase productivity, and bring about radical innovation for the benefit of the society.
With Cornell University’s certified curricula, advanced infrastructure, and modern pedagogical approaches, CECS offers degree programs in three majors: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, and Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. CECS expects to offer graduate programs in the academic year 2021-2022, focusing on AI, Data Science, Cybersecurity, Business Analytics, and Innovation.
A world-class faculty, top Vietnamese students, international standard research facilities, and dedicated staff have built an interdisciplinary research environment at CECS. The Smart Health Center established at CECS focuses on research areas that address the challenges and opportunities in modern healthcare systems, including big data analytics, medical image processing, 3D printing for biomedical, security, privacy protection, and others.
All faculty members will be provided with an annual personal development fund for scholarly activities such as attending the conferences, hire research assistants, and buying research equipment. Faculty members can also apply for internal seed grants and have opportunities to collaborate with researchers from the Vingroup ecosystem, such as Vin Bigdata, VinAI, VinBrain, VinMec, VinHomes, VinCom Retail, VinPearl, VinSmart, and VinFast.
For more information, please visit the CECS website: https://vinuni.edu.vn/college-of-engineering-computer-science/
To increase faculty diversity, the College of Engineering and Computer Science is seeking competent applicants to apply for the following positions:
- Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in Computer Science (AI/Machine Learning/Big Data)
- Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering (Robotics)
- Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in Statistics/Analytics/Data Science (joint appointment with other Colleges)
- Adjunct Professor/Lecturer in Database Management (joint appointment with other Colleges)
All qualified applicants will receive full consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
The CECS faculty members will be responsible for three primary responsibilities:
- Teaching: Develop and instruct classes, provide academic advising, and participate in developing the programs and curriculum that meet the ABET’s quality standards.
- Research: Supervise student research, perform original research, and publish scientific findings in top venues with high citations.
- Service: Assisting with recruitment, admission, service to the university, profession, and community.
The workload allocation will be based on faculty ranking and faculty track aligned with generally accepted international standards and practices at universities.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Have a master/doctorate degree in related fields from established prestigious universities.
- Have a strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programs.
- Have good experience in experiential leaning methods such as TBL (Team-based Learning), PBL (Project-based Learning), ABL (Action-based Learning) and can successfully employ them in all courses.
- Have a strong record of research accomplishments or potential for future accomplishments (research track).
- Have a high spirit and strong passion for education; demonstrate distinction and/or strong potential in research; Agile to embrace changes and take on new challenges; open-minded to new and different environments; team-player willing to contribute to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
The salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via http://apply.interfolio.com/83887 and send (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume, (3) a teaching statement, (4) a research statement; and submit (5) two recommendation letters. In doing so, remember the following:
- Indicate in your cover letter which field, rank, and track you are applying for.
- Your resume should include a list of all courses you have taught with the teaching/student evaluation outcomes.
- Your teaching statement should specify teaching methods you have used in your courses and plan to use in your future courses (i.e., lecture, cases, flipped classroom, team-based learning, service-based learning, community-based learning, etc.).
- Your research statement should include the primary theme(s) of your past and current research and the theme(s) of your intended future research.
Consideration of candidates will occur on a rolling basis beginning April 2021 and will continue until the positions are filled.
The desired start date is August 2021, subject to negotiation, to allow sufficient time for your course preparation for the upcoming fall semester. If you currently reside outside Vietnam, please indicate in your cover letter whether you can relocate to Hanoi, Vietnam in time (by September as latest). If not, please specify when you can.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Work permit: VinUniversity will assist in and provide advice for obtaining the necessary paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, insurance, etc.). However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you can satisfy all the paper requirements in a timely manner.
- According to Vietnamese Law, expatriates are required to submit all necessary documents for a work permit on the first day in Vietnam. For more information about the necessary documents, please refer to the information in this link.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
VinUniversity (VinUni: https://vinuni.edu.vn/) is the first private, not-for-profit Vietnamese university established based on international standards. The university integrates the models of excellent international universities with the unique cultural and economic characteristics of Vietnam, to make a breakthrough in Vietnamese higher education and to become a world-class university.
VinUni has strategic collaborations with the world’s leading universities, including Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. These universities have become close advisors and crucial enablers in establishing the three colleges at VinUni: College of Business and Management, College of Engineering and Computer Science, and College of Health Sciences. Every aspect of the University: its curricula, research, faculty, student body, facilities, and campus life, is being developed to meet the highest standards set by the world’s leading accrediting and ranking organizations, such as ABET, AACSB, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) and Times Higher Education (THE).
VinUni’s founding benefactor Vingroup is one of the biggest private conglomerates in Asia with the largest market capitalization value in Vietnam. As a multisector corporation, Vingroup focuses on three main areas: Technology; Industrials; and Property Services. VinUni is proud to be a part of the Vingroup ecosystem, giving its students opportunities to connect with several high quality research institutes (such as VinAI, VinBrain, and Vin BigData), pioneering industrial enterprises (such as VinSmart and VinFast), and leading Vietnamese companies (such as Vinpearl, Vincom Retail, Vinmec, and Vinhomes)
VNExpress >> VinUniversity's First Convocation Day
Forbes Vietnam >> VinUniversity's First Convocation Day
Vietnamnews >> VinUniversity inaugurates its first academic year
Vietnamnet >> VinUniversity achieves QS 5-star rating standards
Cornell Chronicle >> VinUnversity's Founding Provost - Professor Rohit Verma
Cornell Daily Sun >> Cornell-Vingroup's collaboration
Vietnam Economic Times >> Cornell-UPenn-Vingroup's collaboration
Vietnam News >> VinUniversity creates breakthrough in Higher Education quality
Philadelphia Business Journal >> Penn Medicine extends global reach to Vietnam
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam
- Engineering Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam