Vice Provost, Academic Affairs
VinUniversity (VinUni: https://vinuni.edu.vn/) is the first private, not-for-profit Vietnamese university established based on international standards. The university integrates the models of excellent international universities with the unique cultural and economic characteristics of Vietnam, to make a breakthrough in Vietnamese higher education and to become a world-class university.
VinUni has strategic collaborations with the world’s leading universities, including Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. These universities have become close advisors and crucial enablers in establishing the three colleges at VinUni: College of Business and Management, College of Engineering and Computer Science, and College of Health Sciences. Every aspect of the University: its curricula, research, faculty, student body, facilities, and campus life, is being developed to meet the highest standards set by the world’s leading accrediting and ranking organizations, such as ABET, AACSB, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) and Times Higher Education (THE).
VinUni’s founding benefactor Vingroup is one of the biggest private conglomerates in Asia with the largest market capitalization value in Vietnam. As a multisector corporation, Vingroup focuses on three main areas: Technology; Industrials; and Property Services. VinUni is proud to be a part of the Vingroup ecosystem, giving its students opportunities to connect with several high quality research institutes (such as VinAI, VinBrain, and Vin BigData), pioneering industrial enterprises (such as VinSmart and VinFast), and leading Vietnamese companies (such as Vinpearl, Vincom Retail, Vinmec, and Vinhomes)
VinUni seeks an entrepreneurial academic leader with rigorous academic credentials in computer science, engineering, business management, or health sciences and with strong administrative leadership background, to serve as the Vice Provost, Academic Affairs (VPAA). The VPAA reports to the Provost and works with other leaders and colleagues across the University to pursue the vision and goals of the university. She/he is expected to lead and promote highest quality academic programs and initiatives of the University across all its colleges and units.
The VPAA provides leadership for the planning, development, implementation, assessment, and improvement of all academic programs, policies and supporting infrastructure. The VPAA plays a critical role in setting the academic vision of the University, providing leadership to faculty and staff, and ensuring consistent quality standards in all its degree programs. The VPAA oversees the academic integrity and provides leadership in long-range planning, budgeting, and program development for all educational programs. The VPAA in collaboration with the Provost’s office ensures compliance with various accreditation agencies as well as federal accreditation and regulations.
Major responsibilities for this position include:
- The VPAA along with the senior leadership team of the University must lead the effort to develop a strategy for academic priorities of the university and establish cross-disciplinary initiatives that will put VinUni, and Vietnam on the global map of thought leadership.
- Play a key oversight role in the accreditation process and program review for continuous improvement of the curriculum and programs. Work with all constituency groups to ensure that the academic programs of the colleges, and are well placed with respect to the University’s peer or aspirational benchmark group.
- In collaboration with college deans, recruit and retain high-quality faculty and academic staff. Recommend appointment, promotion, and professional development of faculty members and academic staff.
- Develop and manage teaching innovation, “active learning”, and other related educational initiatives of the university.
- Oversee Library and Learning Resources to advance the intellectual life of the university community, to provide strong resources and services in support of faculty research, and to support successful learning outcomes of students.
- Provide leadership in matters of academic policy and administration and regularly advise the Provost/ President on these matters. Coordinate and provide leadership for the academic strategic planning process.
- As a member of the senior leadership team of the University, the VPAA serves on university’s Academic Advisory Board and maybe be asked to take on special responsibility from time to time, based on availability, need, and urgency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Distinguished scholar with academic record to warrant the position of full professor in computer science, engineering, business administration, or health sciences at high-quality university (e.g. QS top “50 under 50 university”)
- Demonstrated experience with academic administration, accreditations and regulations.
- Successful experience in progressively responsible administrative, and educational leadership positions at a high-quality academic institution.
- Demonstrated successful experience in strategic planning, fiscal management, resource allocation, and personnel supervision preferably of a large and complex academic institution
- Demonstrated ability to work with faculty, staff, and students as well as community groups of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English) and strong professional network
- An appreciative understanding of the challenges that inevitably arise from the operation of a new University, with the patience, resilience, and ability to work collaboratively with diverse constituents of an institution to effectively resolve challenges and build opportunities to promote the mission and vision of the College/University
- Respect and appreciation for the core values of VinUni: EXCEL (E: Empathy, X: Exceptional Capability, C: Creativity, E: Entrepreneurial Mindset, L: Leadership Spirit).
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via http://apply.interfolio.com/83892 and send (1) Curriculum-Vita, (2) two recommendation letters, and (3) a cover letter.
Consideration of candidates will occur on a rolling basis beginning April 2021 and will continue until the positions are filled.
The desired start date is August 2021, subject to negotiation, to allow sufficient time for your course preparation for the upcoming fall semester. If you currently reside outside Vietnam, please indicate in your cover letter whether you can relocate to Hanoi, Vietnam in time (by September as latest). If not, please specify when you can.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Work permit: VinUniversity will assist in and provide advice for obtaining the necessary paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, insurance, etc.). However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you can satisfy all the paper requirements in a timely manner.
- According to Vietnamese Law, expatriates are required to submit all necessary documents for a work permit on the first day in Vietnam. For more information about the necessary documents, please refer to the information in this link.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
VNExpress >> VinUniversity's First Convocation Day
Forbes Vietnam >> VinUniversity's First Convocation Day
Vietnamnews >> VinUniversity inaugurates its first academic year
Vietnamnet >> VinUniversity achieves QS 5-star rating standards
Cornell Chronicle >> VinUnversity's Founding Provost - Professor Rohit Verma
Cornell Daily Sun >> Cornell-Vingroup's collaboration
Vietnam Economic Times >> Cornell-UPenn-Vingroup's collaboration
Vietnam News >> VinUniversity creates breakthrough in Higher Education quality
Philadelphia Business Journal >> Penn Medicine extends global reach to Vietnam
More searches like this
- Administrative Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam
- Academic Affairs Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam
- Other Academic Affairs Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam