Research Scientist - Marbled Murrelet
The Forest Animal Ecology Lab (http://people.forestry.oregonstate.edu/jim-rivers/) in the College of Forestry at Oregon State University if seeking a Research Scientist to join the Oregon Marbled Murrelet Project (https://www.oregonmurrelet.org/), a large-scale, long-term project investigating space use, habitat selection, and breeding ecology of the Marbled Murrelet in western Oregon.
The incumbent will fill a dynamic, fast-paced position with two primary foci: (1) planning and coordinating technical aspects of research, leading field work during April–September annually, and assisting with the hiring, supervising, and managing of field crews and laboratory assistants; (2) collation and management of data, statistical analysis, and preparation of reports and manuscripts to support broader project goals.
- M.S. degree in wildlife conservation, animal ecology, or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and ability to effectively coordinate research and lead field-based research teams.
- Professional competence in executing ornithological research, including capturing, handling, tagging, banding, and blood-sampling of birds.
- Demonstrated experience working on boats in rough, near-shore waters and under challenging conditions to perform detail-oriented work, including bird handling, bleeding, and VHF radio-tag attachment. Incumbent must be able to work at sea and not be incapacitated by seasickness.
- Demonstrated data management and statistical analysis skills, including use of spatial software (ArcGIS, Google Earth), database programs (Access, Excel), and statistical software.
- Strong evidence of verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a large research team.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and be eligible to drive OSU Motor Pool vehicles.
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a Criminal History Check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions.
For questions, contact Jim.Rivers@oregonstate.edu. To review and apply, go http://oregonstate.edu/jobs and apply to posting #P04265UF. Review of applications will be begin on April 16, 2021, although applications will be accepted until the closing date of April 30, 2021.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Corvallis
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Corvallis
- Biology & Life Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Corvallis