IT Helpdesk Support Specialist (Technical Craft Specialist A)
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an IT Helpdesk Support Specialist (Technical Craft Specialist A) position. The Technical Craft Specialist A - IT Helpdesk Support Specialist is responsible for providing IT technical support for the College's 4IT Support Helpdesk center's Level 1 and 2 campus-wide technical support for faculty, staff, and students. While providing exceptional customer service, this position resolves support service requests via telephone, email, walk-in, or via remote desktop control; and filters, articulates, logs, and/or escalates more complex issues to the appropriate support level(s). Performs problem recognition, research, isolation, and resolution steps for all client requests for technology services support and communicates efficient and effective feedback to all clients requesting assistance.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• A High School diploma or its equivalent (GED) required.
• At least five (5) years direct experience supporting Dell, Apple/Mac personal computers, mobile/tablet devices, and mobile applications in a professional work environment using IOS, MS Windows, and the MS Office Suite of applications for both Windows or Apple/Mac.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service and professionalism is required.
• Demonstrated commitment to detail and follow-through.
• A + certification is required.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
• Must be able to lift a sixty (60) pound parcel from floor to a desktop height as needed.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
•Associates degree or equivalent course work is preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• At least two (2) years of experience working in a Microsoft AD environment is preferred.
• At least two (2) years of experience working with JamF, Adobe Creative Cloud, and AWS are preferred.
• Microsoft MCTA or MSCA certification is preferred.
• Industry-standard technical certifications on Dell computers and peripherals are preferred.
• Experience installing and configuring hardware/software is preferred.
• Experience with Zoom, GoToMyPC, and Apple Macintosh IOS is preferred.
• Experience working with and supporting Mac OS and solving computer/mobile device-related problems (Apple Genius experience is a plus).