Assistant/Associate Professor - Human Physiology
The Department of Health Sciences at Central Washington University seeks applicants for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor position in Human Physiology, beginning Fall 2021. The selected candidate will be expected to contribute to the graduate program in Integrative Human Physiology and teach undergraduate courses and laboratories in the Clinical Physiology and Exercise Science programs. Graduate and undergraduate instructional areas in our programs include human physiology, exercise physiology, clinical physiology, anatomy, biomechanics, statistics, research methods, exercise testing and prescription, cardiovascular and pulmonary physiology, environmental physiology, lifestyle diseases, and rehabilitation. Successful candidates will be expected to teach in areas and develop curriculum aligned with his/her expertise.
Additional responsibilities include mentoring of graduate and undergraduate student research, working collaboratively as needed on curriculum review and revision, academic advising, scholarly pursuits, teaching relevant courses and seminars in the general education program, and service to the university, community, and profession. Faculty will integrate CWU's commitment to diversity and create a learning environment that is welcoming, accessible and inclusive for all students.Minimum Qualifications
- An earned doctorate in a relevant Health Sciences discipline (e.g., exercise physiology, physiology, kinesiology, anatomy, biomechanics, or other closely related fields) Outstanding ABD candidates will be considered depending on expected completion date
- A record of research/scholarship in the discipline
- Previous teaching responsibilities at the university level
- Experience that has prepared the candidate to contribute to CWU's commitment to the engagement and inclusion of culturally diverse students
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching
- Evidence of mentoring graduate and undergraduate students in research/scholarship processes
- Demonstrated involvement with relevant professional organizations
- Experience working in a diverse environment and/or utilizing a variety of teaching methods designed for inclusion and broad student success
- Ability to incorporate multicultural perspectives and issues into curriculum and classroom conversations
- Experience or interest in mentoring students from a variety of backgrounds
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgment: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create an environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience
Appointment : Full-Time, Tenure-Track, 9 Month Appointment. Additional summer teaching may be available.
Central Washington University is on the quarter system with appointments from mid-September through mid-June.
Benefits : CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance.
Additional Information : For
additional information about the University, visit: http://www.cwu.edu
For additional information about Ellensburg, visit: http://www.myellensburg.com
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting; and (c) detail how teaching, scholarly work, and/or professional activity has supported students from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds or are otherwise underrepresented in their academic fields (applicants who have not yet had the opportunity for such experience should note how their work will further CWU's commitment to diversity);
- Curriculum Vitae including work history, education, training, scholarship/research activities, and contact information for three recent professional references;
- A teaching philosophy statement that includes, in part, your perspective on diversity, equity and inclusivity in the university community;
- A statement on research objectives and how research/scholarly work informs instructional process and enhances student learning;
- Two representative pieces of peer reviewed scholarship;
- A copy of transcripts of the highest degree completed.
Screening Begins: April 19, 2021 and will remain open until filled
NOTE: Although copies of transcripts
are acceptable for application purposes, all job offers are
contingent upon verification of highest degree.
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Name: Karen Roemer, Ph.D
Title: Search Committee Co-Chair
Director, Integrative Human Physiology - Department of Health Sciences
Website: Department of Health Sciences
Name: Jared Dickinson, Ph.D
Title: Search Committee Co-Chair
Director, Clinical Physiology - Department of Health Sciences
Website: Department of Health Sciences
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to sign a Sexual Misconduct disclosure in pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080 and submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.
The conditions of employment with Central Washington University are set forth in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Central Washington University and United Faculty of Central, University policies and procedures, and applicable state and federal laws.
The Collective Bargaining Agreement may be found here: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/labor-relations/ufc .APPLICATION INFORMATION Contact: Central Washington University Online App. Form: https://careers.cwu.edu/psc/careers/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1&JobOpeningId=3966 Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Apply through Institution's Website
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ellensburg
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ellensburg
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ellensburg