Director of Student Leadership and Wellness Programs
Marian University has an opening for a Full-Time Director of Student Leadership and Wellness Programs. This position reports to the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and provides ongoing support and direction to the student populations of the health professions, including the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), and Master of Biomedical Science (BMS) academic programs. This position This position will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity through its primary responsibilities including student leadership development, which comprises structured leadership programs, student organization oversight, and community service opportunities, as well as student wellness and wellbeing, which comprises curricular wellness integration, advising the student-led Wellness League, and ongoing diversity and inclusion programming efforts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan Intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Creates and facilitates an intensive formal, structured leadership development program for health professions students.
- Facilitates leadership development workshops and sessions for student organization officers and faculty advisors.
- Oversees and supports the activities of all recognized student organizations including student events, budgeting and purchasing, and student travel.
- Serves as a primary advisor to the student government structures of the DO, BMS, and DNP academic programs.
- Serves as a primary campus contact point for the student life management software CONNECT.
- Facilitates a comprehensive wellness program for health professions students including such areas as physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and financial wellness.
- Serves as a primary advisor to the student-led Wellness League.
- Actively partners with faculty to integrate wellness concepts into the curriculum.
- Serves as a key leader in promoting diversity and inclusion programming, including participating in the health professions diversity taskforce and the pipeline program to increase underrepresented students in the health professions.
- Pursues certification as a trainer and leads sessions for faculty & students in Mental Health First Aid.
- Institute a recurring wellbeing inventory tool for all health professions students.
- Delivers regular communication to the health professions community regarding upcoming student events, programs, and service opportunities.
- Assists the Office of Student Affairs in the planning and implementation of orientation, graduation, and other major milestone types of events.
- Acts as a student advocate, providing guidance and appropriate referrals to students seeking assistance.
- Collaborates with others across campus who have responsibility for student activities and wellness programs.
- Pursues community partnerships and service opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- Adheres to Marian University’s policy and procedures.
- Shows courtesy and respect in interactions with colleagues, students, and supervisors.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about work-related issues.
- Meets department productivity standards.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems of evaluation.
- Assists to establish department measurements that align and support the accomplishment of the University’s strategic goals.
- Adheres to the department budget.
- Master’s degree required in student affairs, higher education, psychology, counseling, wellness or related field.
- Previous experience in a student affairs, student activities, leadership programs, or wellness programs environment within an institution of higher education desired.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- Previous experience working with graduate and professional students desired.
- Excellent verbal, written, collaborative, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple projects concurrently, and work under minimal supervision
- Communicate effectively with internal & external groups.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis