Associate or Full Professor (Pediatric Urologist)
The Department of Urology is seeking a Pediatric Urologist who shall conduct clinical care and academic activities at Texas Children's Hospital. Academic rank commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The chosen candidate will:
- Conduct clinical care for the purpose of evaluating the appropriateness of care and treatment provided to patients within the Division of Pediatric Urology. Patient care reviews shall include all clinical work performed under the jurisdiction of the Division, regardless of whether the Practitioner whose work is subject to such review is a member of that Service.
- Complete clinical privileges relevant to care provided in the Department.
- Division adherence to: (a) Medical Staff policies and procedures; (b) sound principles of clinical practice; (c) integration of the clinical practice into the operations of the Hospital.
- Conduct patient care services provided outside the Hospital via contractual or other agreements as needed.
- Coordinating patient care with members of nursing and ancillary patient care services.
- Attending and participating in Division meeting at the discretion of the Chief of Service as necessary for the purpose of considering quality and outcomes management findings of patient care and the results of the Service's other review and evaluation activities.
- Take appropriate action when important problems in patient care and clinical performance or opportunities to improve care are identified.
- Submit any required reports concerning: (a) review and evaluation activities, and (b) recommendations for maintaining and improving the quality of care provided within the Division.
- Participate in orientation and continuing education in the Division.
Minimum Requirements: M.D. and the ability to obtain a Texas medical license
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.