Research Coordinator II
The Department of Medicine – Section of Immunology, Allergy & Rheumatology is seeking a full time Research Coordinator to assist Dr. Sanjiv Sur and other physician scientists in the recruitment, maintenance and operational aspects of an NIH R01 study. The R01HL145477 scope will require recruitment of subjects for this study in which they will work with two allergists in obtaining samples in conjunction with the Ears, Nose and Throat (ENT) group. This position will be responsible for coordinating the day to day activities for this project. Additionally, this position will assist in the enrollment of day to day activities for the new SARS COVID vaccine study in which one of our department allergists group has been designated as one the sites under the Immune Tolerance Network from the NIAID institute that is soon to be begin. The selected Coordinator will be an enthusiastic, detail-oriented individual. Candidate must possess a proactive, team-oriented attitude with a strong work ethic and excellent multi-task and organizational skills.
- Interviews patients and will require phone call encounters with the patients post initial visit. Maintenance will also require management of information in a spread sheet, ascertain selected subjects come on the visit day for Visit 1 to McNair with study co-PI.
- Prepares consent forms and discusses the study goals at McNair.
- Assists study co-PI with his procedures, ascertain they come for visits 2 and 3.
- Draws blood on subjects at a BCM clinic location. Sends blood for CBC, centrifuge some samples before freezing, label containers to the surgeons, freeze surgical samples from surgeons in freezer in Jamail in Visits 2 and 3. Drives samples over to main Baylor in coordination with research personnel.
- Submits shopping carts for ordering of supplies needed to perform experiments.
- Coordinates with continuity of communication with the participants and finalize the payment of study fee to participants.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Previous experience in coordinating research activities.
- Prior enrollment and working with study participants.
- Regulatory background or experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.