Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management & Director of Financial Aid (AVP)
Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management & Director of Financial Aid (AVP)
University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management & Director of Financial Aid.
The Assistant Vice President reports to the Vice President, University Relations and Enrollment Management and supervises associate directors as well as other professional staff. The Assistant Vice President administers the operational, financial, and personnel functions to help accomplish the University’s financial aid and enrollment management goals and objectives. The AVP will provide expertise and knowledge of best practices and leadership in guiding a model operation.
The Position: The AVP provides overall management and leadership necessary for the effective administration of the University’s Office of Financial Aid and the Office of the Registrar, including, but not limited to, financial aid processing and disbursement, financial counseling, database management, reporting and auditing. A member of the University’s Strategic Enrollment Management team, the AVP develops policies, scholarship leveraging models and budgets, and student service strategies that support the University’s mission and student recruitment and retention goals. The Assistant Vice President is also responsible to:
- Provide leadership, management, and support for the Financial Aid and Registrar’s Office teams and develop a competent, productive and effective staff by hiring, developing, and supervising assigned personnel;
- Provide leadership and develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology applications in support of enhanced services offered through the Financial Aid and Enrollment Management team;
- Develop and administer the University financial aid and scholarship models and policies, office procedures and funding programs so that recruitment and retention goals are met, as well as meeting net tuition revenue budget targets;
- Perform institutional financial aid budget and tuition revenue forecasting and management;
- Coordinate effectively with academic and administrative units across campus to achieve enrollment management goals;
- Effectively administer PowerFAIDS and Jenzabar databases by developing a working knowledge of the systems, assessing the systems support needs of the Financial Aid and Registrar’s Office, and working cooperatively with the staff of Information Technology and other offices on campus to ensure that the integrity of the systems and data are maintained and that the systems are utilized productively in support of financial aid operations;
- Facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds;
- Create and promote a culture that values and prioritizes high quality service delivery for the University’s students and their families;
- Provide direction and leadership for the day-to-day operations of the team with special emphasis on compliance, efficient use of technology, communications, student literacy, and financial aid planning;
- Collaborate with administrators, deans, faculty, IT, advisors and counselors to facilitate and improve retention of students.
Qualifications: Candidates should have the following:
- Bachelor’s required; Master’s degree preferred;
- Eight (8) years of experience in a college or university financial aid office, at least three years at the program manager, assistant director or director level is preferred;
- Experience monitoring, applying, and communicating about Title IV eligibility; CFR 34, and the Federal Register;
- A record of successful outcomes in the development and achievement of enrollment goals is preferred;
- Employee selection, supervision and development skills are preferred. Experience managing institutional enrollment in federal systems (Common Origination and Disbursement, EdConnect, NSLDS, E-App), SAIG agreements, the Missouri FAMOUS system, VA Once, and the HRSA Grants database;
- The ability to understand complex student information systems and to use those systems effectively in a management and strategic capacity are required; experience with Jenzabar and PowerFAIDS preferred.
University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis and the Central West End Neighborhood:
UHSP: When University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis was founded in 1864 as St. Louis College of Pharmacy, it was the first college of pharmacy west of the Mississippi River. Today, UHSP is located on nearly nine acres within the Washington University Medical Campus, one of the nation’s leading biomedical communities. Its location provides students with opportunities to discover their path in health care, no matter where it leads.
The St. Louis College of Pharmacy at UHSP offers a Doctor of Pharmacy, and the College of Arts and Sciences currently offers five (5) undergraduate majors, with more new undergraduate majors scheduled to begin fall 2021 and 2022. A new Master of Science in Global Health and Equity will be available in the fall of 2021, and a Master of Science in Medical Chemistry in the fall or 2022.
Mission and Values: To educate and advance communities of discovery to foster a healthier society. This mission is guided by the following institutional values:
Central West End Neighborhood, St. Louis, Missouri: A Premier Location in a Renowned Biomedical Complex:
At University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis, you are in the heart of one of the nation’s leading biomedical complexes. Our world-known neighbors include institutions such as:
- Washington University School of Medicine
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine
- Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital
The University is actively forging partnerships to expand student opportunities at home and abroad, foster interprofessional, patient-centered care, and promote collaborative research.
Explore the CWE:
Nestled in St. Louis’ Central West End neighborhood, the University is just steps away from boutiques, local and chain restaurants, coffee shops and Forest Park. This vibrant neighborhood is a great place to relax and have fun in between classes and on the weekend.
The University is also located near a St. Louis Metro station for easy access to neighborhoods all over the city, including direct access to St. Louis Cardinals games.
A Walk in the Park:
The University sits adjacent to Forest Park, one of the largest urban parks in the country. Located within its more than 1,300 acres are attractions including:
- Saint Louis Art Museum
- Missouri History Museum
- Saint Louis Science Center
- Saint Louis Zoo
- The Muny, the country’s largest outdoor theatre
Year-round you can enjoy indoor and outdoor fun in Forest Park. From free museums to paddle boats, Forest Park offers fun and relaxation on a budget. Whether you are taking a break from studying or celebrating the weekend with friends, you are sure to find that the Central West End neighborhood is an exciting and inviting place to call home.
Application and Nomination Process: All correspondence relating to the position of Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management & Director of Financial Aid should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive recruitment consultant:
Mr. Jamie Marcus, Senior Associate Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
A Complete Application Must Contain the Following:
- A cover letter outlining your experience and expertise as it relates to The Position;
- A complete resume highlighting your career in higher education and educational credentials;
- The names of five professional references including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers. (References will not be contacted without written permission)
Applications submitted by Friday, April 30, 2021, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
EEO Statement: University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, gender expression/identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or other protected class in admission, financial aid, athletics or any of its educational policies and programs.
In addition, University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis provides and promotes equal employment and equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, gender expression/identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or other protected class.
Apply for Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management & Director of Financial Aid (AVP)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Louis
- Student Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Louis
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Louis
- Financial Aid Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Louis