Clinical Instructor for Literacy Program
The Department of Instruction and Curriculum Leadership is
seeking to add a non-tenure- track, 12-month Clinical Instructor
for Literacy Program in the College of Education, Instruction &
Curriculum Leadership at the University of Memphis. Please see the
qualifications and responsibilities below.
• An earned doctorate (obtained by August 1, 2021) in Literacy, Reading, Language Arts, or a closely related field.
• Evidence of 3 years of successful P-12 Classroom Teaching.
• Demonstrated commitment to cultural responsiveness, equity, and inclusiveness, addressing the needs of a diverse student body.
• Experience and evidence of excellence in teaching at the college level.
• Experience in K-5 Literacy.
• Experience working with a diverse population.
• Experience with EdTPA (education Teacher Performance Assessment) or various teacher evaluation systems.
• Experience with implementing teacher preparation programs.
• Demonstrated teacher leadership and professional development experience.
• Demonstrated use of technology integration in teaching and professional development.
• Experience with collaborative, school and community-based initiatives and partnerships.
• Teach undergraduate and graduate courses, face-to-face and online, in literacy pedagogy and theory.
• Participate in professional organizations.
• Model technology integration in classroom experiences.
• Collaborate with local school systems in the preparation of teachers.
• Attend university, college, department and program area meetings.
• Other duties as assigned by the department.
SALARY & BEGINNING DATE
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications. The anticipated date of appointment is August 16, 2021. The University offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare and retirement. The state of TN has no state income tax, and the Memphis area has a very reasonable cost of living.
Review of applications will begin March 31, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. The department welcomes a diverse set of applicants. Applications are to be submitted electronically at https://workforum.memphis.edu.
Applicants are required to upload (1) a letter of application, (2) a cover letter that highlights strengths/qualification as aligned with the job description, (2) a curriculum vitae, and (3) names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three references. Applicants will receive a confirmation number when all application materials are submitted. Letters of reference and official transcripts will be requested upon interview. Address inquiries and nominations to Dr. J. Helen Perkins firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Memphis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
We urge all qualified applicants to apply for this position. Appointment will be based on qualifications as they relate to position requirements without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, handicap or veteran status. The successful candidate must meet guidelines of the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986.”
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Memphis
- Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Memphis
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Memphis
- Teacher Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Memphis