MVILR Program Coordinator (Part-time)
MVILR Program Coordinator (Part-time)
Salary: $25 per hour
This position will be hired through Auxiliary Services Corporation and will not be eligible for benefits through MVCC. Auxiliary Services Corporation (ASC) is that division of a college whose operations furnish a variety of goods and services for the support of the institution's educational program. The MVCC Auxiliary Services Corporation is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Mohawk Valley Institute for Learning in Retirement (MVILR) is an organization that has a mission of offering active older adults and retired persons the opportunities for continuing intellectual and cultural enrichment in an atmosphere that fosters learning within a supportive social network. Opportunities for academic pursuits, health and wellness activities, social and intellectual interaction, and programs to enhance a framework for healthy aging are all at the foundation of this program. The MVILR Program Coordinator position is designed to be a liaison between MVCC and the Board of Directors of MVILR, while supporting all goals and objectives outlined by MVILR. The MVILR Program Coordinator will work as a team member with various committees and the MVILR Board of Directors.
1. Responsible for promoting MVILR’s program and classes to the greater community to increase attendance and participation;
2. Recruits, reviews and manages volunteers for all classes offered by MVILR;
3. Sets up classes for all three semesters; spring, fall and winter;
4. Creates a catalog for each of the three semesters, with a variety of classes;
5. Takes an active role in strategic planning to assure relevant programming that meets community needs;
6. Solicits feedback from MVILR participants and plans classes, taking feedback into consideration;
7. Manages customer data in various platforms;
8. Manages social media accounts and all marketing efforts for MVILR;
9. Maintains budget for annual programming.
10. Reports to the MVILR Board of Directors and Director of Community and Workforce Development and provides monthly updates;
11. Other related duties as directed by the MVILR Board of Directors and / or Director of Community and Workforce Development.
Bachelor’s degree in education, or related field required. Demonstrate superior communication skills, organizational skills, effective public speaking, listening and written communication skills required. Familiarity with software programs such as Microsoft Office, is required. Familiarity with budgeting, scheduling, marketing and advertising required. Ability to travel to various outreach events and possession of a valid driver’s license at the time of hire and for the duration of employment required.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire. This position will be hired through Auxiliary Services Corporation and will not be eligible for benefits through MVCC. Auxiliary Services Corporation (ASC) is that division of a college whose operations furnish a variety of goods and services for the support of the institution's educational program. The MVCC Auxiliary Services Corporation is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Review Start Date: 4/12/2021
Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Utica
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Utica
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Utica
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Utica
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Utica