Dean of Student Success
Oglethorpe University seeks a dynamic and influential new leader to become the inaugural Dean of Student Success. The Dean will provide vision and leadership to build a new model of student success that is focused on 100%-degree completion and help each student flourish and achieve the institution’s creed of “Making a Life. Making a Living. & Making a Difference.”
- Develop and execute a new comprehensive advising model and strategy that supports the academic progress and retention of all students.
- Foster programs and systems that provide an integrated and holistic student experience where each student finds their place and connection at the university.
- Integrate the university’s first year advising program known as “Compass” into the new advising model.
- Lead implementation of a campus wide early alert system to ensure quick intervention for students.
- Launch mentorship programs that promote student affinity and persistence to graduation.
- Collaborate with faculty to identify and resolve barriers to student success and generate innovative programs and support structures.
- Champion a university culture of putting students first. Educate and train the community through data driven retention and engagement initiatives.
- Leverage technology and data to launch all the above.
Areas of Oversight
- Academic Success Center team https://success.oglethorpe.edu/contact-us/
- Additional advising staff determined by advising model implementation
- Accessibility Services
- Writing center, tutoring, supplemental instruction
- academic warning coaching program
- Quality Enhancement Plan/ Compass Program and Institution’s SACSCOC Report
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with student information systems like Colleague, success platforms like EAB Navigate and mentoring platforms like Mentor Collective is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, supervisory, budget and time management skills
- Experience managing compliance with FERPA, HIPPA, ADA and state and federal regulations.
- Use of NACADA best practices/strategies
- Understanding of current issues facing student with accommodations and advising
- Ability to work flexible schedule with some weekends and evenings required.
- Proven record of accomplishment of building partnerships with faculty and other departments.
- Understanding of culturally based retention models and theory.
- Experience being a strong student advocate and campus presence through attendance at campus academic, cultural, social, and athletic events.
Candidates should understand and have interest in a diverse and dynamic liberal arts community. In particular, the University is seeking candidates with experience and strong commitment to diversity, equity, access, and inclusion initiatives. The university currently enrolls a diverse population of 1,385 students who represent 37 states and 30 countries. More than half of Oglethorpe’s students identify as persons of color and 40 percent are the first in their families to attend college. Oglethorpe graduates are among those with the lowest average student loan debt in the nation, in part due to the $27 million that the university awards annually in aid. Oglethorpe has an annual operating budget of $28 million.
Among its many accolades, Oglethorpe is the only school in Georgia, public or private, to be named among the nation’s top 20 “best buy” schools in the latest Fiske Guide to Colleges. In addition, Forbes ranks Oglethorpe 33rd among America’s most entrepreneurial colleges, and US News and World Report recognizes it as the 14th most diverse student body among liberal arts colleges nationwide and as one of America’s best national liberal arts colleges.
- Master’s degree required; terminal degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility and leadership in higher education connected to student success and advising.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in supervision, training, and management of advising staff.
To ensure full consideration, please submit:
- Letter of interest which describes your communication and leadership experience and style
- Current CV/ resume
- Names and contact information of 3 references
- And complete all information at: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=42662&clientkey=E89EC0BE36E642B4CF9B1208D8AFD807
Application screening will begin immediately and continue until the position is closed. To guarantee consideration, materials should be submitted by April 23, 2021.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Deans Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Atlanta