The University of Colorado Boulder Police Department (CUPD) encourages applications for an Accreditation Manager . This role manages, coordinates, and implements the Police Department’s accreditation activities. Additionally, this position maintains and ensures compliance with national IACLEA and CALEA accreditation standards through ongoing coordination and planning. The Accreditation Manager will also collaborate with the Clery Compliance and Crime Analyst to maintain Clery Act compliance for the campus.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The members of the University of Colorado Boulder Police Department (CUPD) are dedicated to providing the highest quality police services in order to enhance community safety, protect life and property, and reduce crime and the fear of crime. To do this, we pledge to develop a partnership with the community, to lead a community commitment to resolve problems, and to improve the safety and quality of life for all CU affiliates. The CUPD is a full-service police agency with 46 sworn and 36 non-sworn employees providing community-based public safety services to a diverse community of 36,000 affiliates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year long. Every year the department responds to approximately 20,000 calls for service and ensures the safety and security for all of their PAC-12 Conference athletic events with attendance at football games exceeding 50,000 fans. Patrolling the campus by foot, bicycle, motorcycle, and vehicle, the CU Boulder police work diligently with the University community and surrounding agencies to ensure a timely and coordinated law enforcement response.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Ensure accreditation program functions are in compliance with departmental goals and objectives, pertinent laws, rules, and regulations. Manages the accreditation process to determine and safeguard compliance. Use document management and tracking software to track the progress of files and coordinate outstanding document requests.
- Write, review, and revise department policies, procedures, and operations manuals to ensure compliance with applicable laws, changing legislation, current agency practice, and all accreditation standards. Train staff on accreditation-related policy implementation.
- Lead all aspects of the functionality, efficiency, and content of the internal document management system.
- Represents the department on behalf of the Chief at public hearings and public phone-in comment sessions of local law enforcement agencies during their accreditation assessment on-site visits.
- Serve as a mock assessor for other agencies, providing an in-depth review of policies, procedures, practices, and documentation used within their accreditation files, and provide feedback to enable that agency to be best prepared for their formal assessment process.
- Support CU Boulder’s compliance with the Clery Act.
- Maintain Clery Act knowledge, including forthcoming changes in the law and Department of Education enforcement activities to determine the impact on CU Boulder constituents.
What You Should Know
- This position will require a background investigation including completion of a personal history questionnaire, criminal background check, an Excluded Parties List System check, integrity interview, and a reference check.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position is $59,000 - $79,250.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Impactful. Be Adaptable. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Public Administration, Criminal Justice, Mathematics, or a closely related field. Equivalent experience in the field can be substituted for education.
- Minimum of three (3) years of complex administrative and data management or accreditation or compliance experience.
- Prior law enforcement and IACALEA or CALEA accreditation process experience.
What You Will Need
- Knowledge of the IACALEA and CALEA accreditation process and the Jeanne Clery Act.
- Critical thinking, data analysis, and technical digital literacy.
- Ability to persuasively represent organizational programs and policies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive independently with minimal direction.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience using Power DMS.
- Crime analyst experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1.A current resume.
2.A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by 4/14/2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com