Technology, Law & Security Senior Project Director (16975)
The Senior Project Director primary responsibility is developing the vision and strategies for a Technology, Law & Security Program (TLS) project focused on the prevention of online child sexual exploitation (“the Project”). The Senior Project Director’s primary responsibility will be to develop, lead, manage, and fundraise for a Technology Law & Security Program (TLS) project focused on the prevention of online child sexual exploitation (“the Project”). The incumbent will identify and assess tools, practices and policies that private entities can and do employ to proactively prevent, identify and respond to online child sexual exploitation. The Senior Program Director will supervise TLS researchers and student research assistants in the performance of in-depth research and writing related; build a coalition of law enforcement officials, tech companies, and members of civil society to develop workable, actionable solutions; develop and execute a strategy for engaging the Capitol Hill; work with pro bono counsel from Jenner & Block supporting the project; and identify innovative solutions and partnerships, including the gaming industry, banking industry, and cryptologists. The Senior Project Director will also design, lead, and manage and provide support to other TLS projects as needed.
- Oversee all aspects of project design and development from concept to execution. Create functional strategies and project plans. Ensure that all project activities are consistent with the vision and strategic goals of the Project.
- Develop and execute a fundraising strategy for the Project. Identify funding sources and targets. Track progress toward funding goals, and refine fundraising plans as appropriate.
- Lead, organize and manage coalitions of external companies, organizations, and individuals to identify the scope of the problem, and generate and execute agreed upon solutions.
- Draft, edit, and/or oversee the publication of memoranda, reports, publication quality papers, blog posts, background papers, and other written products.
- Supervise other researchers and Project team members.
- Coordinate Project-related strategic communications.
- Other duties as assigned
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Project Leader/Advisor A
Required Education and Experience
- Juris Doctor or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Advanced Communication: Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, using language with precision; constructing logical arguments; accurate note taking, editing and summarizing; and writing reports or correspondence free of spelling and grammatical errors. Ability to engage in active and empathetic listening and communicate with a service minded orientation.
- Analytical Methods: Skill applying analytical methods, processes, and techniques to conduct research and collect data; performing analysis, identifying trends, outliers and anomalies; evaluating findings, identifying advantages and disadvantages; extracting meaning and generating insights.
- Research Methods: Ability to consider the full range of potential sources of information; developing an appropriate research plan for each discrete issue; consistently applying criteria to evaluate the reliability of information; identifying and addressing any contradictory information; critically evaluating research findings; drawing conclusions; and developing recommendations and alternative solutions.
- Project Management: Demonstrated experience with activities, such as: project planning, resource estimating, tracking/oversight, scheduling tasks, negotiating deliverables, project administration and status reporting.
- Standard Office Software: Skill using email, word processing, spreadsheet/data analysis and presentation development software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint while preparing briefings, reports and presentations.
- Thoroughness in Reviewing Work: Ability to review one’s own and others’ work to ensure completeness and accuracy; carefully prepare for meetings and presentations; organize information or materials for others; follow up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled; set up procedures to ensure high quality of work.
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.