Senior CRM Analyst (12662)
The Senior CRM Analyst will be a critical member of a team responsible for analyzing, designing, configuring, testing and supporting enterprise Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems. The CRM products supported by this position may include Ellucian’s CRM suite (Recruit, Advise, and/or Advance), which are based on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform. They will analyze, design, develop, configure, integrate, test, and support production of critical university and customer-facing applications. The Senior CRM Analyst will be a hands-on technical leader, maintaining complex technology solutions that support client requirements and university objectives. This individual will assess current capabilities and understand how to design effective processes within the university’s CRM solution. This position will interface with all levels of stakeholders from across the University and is responsible for influencing groups outside their direct span of control, as well as leading project teams and/or customers as needed. The Senior CRM Analyst will work in the Office of Information Technology on the Enterprise Applications Development & Integration team with other technical subject matter experts.
1. Solution Assessment and Consultation
- Understand the technology needs of the business areas supported; address business technology needs with high quality, timeliness, and cost justified solutions
- Provide comprehensive consultation to the areas supported at the highest technical level on all phases of the project and product development cycle
- Provide leadership for business need analysis, technical approach and feasibility, detailed technical design, projec planning, and implementation
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections, and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
- Ability to direct solution discussions and appropriate between buy vs build and hosted vs on-premise
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of CRM solutions and keep up to date on new releases and functionality.
2. Requirements Gathering, Development, Configuration, & Testing
- Work with a diverse team of system analysts, application developers, project managers and third-party solution providers/ vendors to implement technology solutions
- Configure and develop (hands-on) CRM solutions that meet business outcomes and are flexible using CRM and associated technologies
- Perform CRM configuration including but not limited to: forms, communications, workflows, security roles, dashboards, and views.
- Manage change between multiple environments (development, test, and production)
- Define system integration needs and develop streamlined integration specifications · Participate in design and code reviews.
Essential Functions Continued
- Streamline the process & procedures and improve the release of product builds.
- Work in agile delivery methodologies.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
- Lead system and user acceptance testing efforts to ensure software meets business requirements.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Validate test results and establish mitigation strategies as necessary.
- Obtain testing activity approvals from stakeholders.
3. Technical Support and Operations
- Support enterprise CRM solutions and related platforms as needed and for business-critical functions
- Maintain operations documentation and develop operational strategy for systems
- Lead internal teams to conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA), develop Corrective Action (CA) solutions/plans for design gaps and performance related problems, and reporting status of implementations
- Provide training, mentoring and leadership to team members
- Ensure team adherence to enterprise standards and processes
4. Technical Project Management
- Manage scope, resources, time, issues, budget, and risk for small to medium technical projects using standard documentation.
- Prioritize projects and tasks, conduct planning activities, schedule project team meetings
- Develop and execute detailed project plans, manage project progress and report status to key stakeholders.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Function Leader B
- 35 Hours Per Week
- Availability after-hours as needed
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience developing and configuring Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Strong experience with business analysis, process analysis and mapping, and project management.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, as well as the ability to work effectively with all levels of stakeholders, both technical and non-technical.
- Strong team building skills and ability to gain cooperation and to motivate others. Proactive, results-oriented and can-do attitude.
- Experience in a functional support role for CRM and ERP implementations
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate, or equivalent
- 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Experience with Ellucian’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platforms, especially Colleague.
- Experience with technology at a higher education institution
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.