About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community including people of color, recent immigrants and nontraditional populations. The College mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General Statement of Duties
- Maintain working knowledge of testing policies and procedures.
- Conduct computerized and paper-based testing sessions in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Perform administrative tasks associated with registration and other test center operations as requested.
- Follows all training guidelines, processes, and procedures specific to and during the administration of standardized and college computer-based, internet-based and paper/pencil tests offered by and through the Testing Center. (including Computerized Placement Tests, HiSET and other tests) following all proctoring guidelines.
- Participates in required trainings and certifications for the administration and proctoring of standardized exams.
- Maintains current knowledge of exams, including general content, purpose, registration processes, scoring and reporting guidelines, etc.
- Administrative work associated with testing - i.e. filing, printing rosters, scheduling appointments.
- Sets up and configures computers for computerized test administration.
- Checks-in students and ensures test security by verifying students' identification (picture ID) prior to administering test.
- Provides test results and instructions for next steps to students, when appropriate.
- Ensures respect for student information and student confidentiality.
- Consults troubleshooting guidelines and is prepared to respond when technical difficulties arise. Communicates with college IT department and/or testing company tech support as needed.
- Reports any problems to the Coordinator of Student Assessment.
- Acts as a proctor during all testing periods; gives instruction when required.
- Associates degree; bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience in teaching, test administration, and/or higher education. Experience with standardized testing a plus.
- Ability to give written and oral instructions, and to communicate well and professionally with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and to exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
- Availability at least 3 weekdays per week between the hours of 3pm and 9pm, and at least 2 Saturdays per month from 8am to 4pm. Some weekday hours may be available at times.
Date of Hire: Rolling basis, as needed
Hourly rate: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.edu/clery.
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter