Campus Recreation Fitness & Wellness Coordinator
Coordinate and manage Campus Recreation Services Fitness and Wellness programs, facilities and personnel. This involves coordinating group fitness, personal training, and campus recreation wellness initiatives; as well as hiring, training, and scheduling fitness staff, fitness instructors, Campus Recreation personal trainers; and managing all other aspects of the department's fitness and wellness programs. Additional information about the department and program offerings can be found online at https://recreation.dixie.edu/ .
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of the Campus Recreation's group fitness, personal training, and on-demand fitness programs. This includes evaluating program usage and effectiveness.
- Oversee and coordinate all fitness and wellness testing, as well as train other fitness/wellness staff on testing equipment, policies and procedures.
- Hire, train, schedule, and evaluate group fitness and personal training instructors for Campus Recreation.
- Develop & coordinate group fitness classes and schedules with appropriate facility managers in order to schedule and reserve classroom/multipurpose areas.
- Develop and maintain all aspects of the Campus Recreation personal training program, including evaluating trainers, setting price points, managing a proper client database, and ensuring trainers follow all university and industry policies and best practices.
- Manage fitness staff associated with the operation of Campus Recreation facilities and fitness areas located within the Human Performance Center and other recreational facilities. Ensure department policies and procedures are in place and properly followed.
- Coordinate with other Campus Recreation staff and facility managers in developing Campus Recreation policies, procedures and emergency management plans.
- Maintain employee payroll records and ensure proper Human Resources and payroll procedures are followed regarding hiring, scheduling, timekeeping, etc.
- Coordinate the scheduling of Campus Recreational space with internal and external patrons through the university's Centralized Scheduling office.
- Ensure facility patrons (both internal employees/students and external guests/visitors) are compliant to all departmental and campus-wide rules, regulations, and policies.
- Coordinate Campus Recreation Wellness offerings and initiatives, in collaboration with other recreation personnel, Human Resources (for employee wellness), Student Affairs (for student wellness), etc. Facilitate departmental wellness events in conjunction with campus wellness committees and other departments on- and off-campus.
- Provide support to other Campus Recreation staff during peak scheduling/event times; develop and initiate recreation programming as assigned and/or through approval from supervisors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Recreation Management, Sports Management or related field required; ACSM and/or NSCA certification preferred.
- Experience with fitness programming and managing part-time fitness/wellness staff required; experience developing and implementing fitness/wellness programming for both broad and specific audiences preferred. At least three years of fitness/wellness experience and/or at least one year of fitness/wellness experience at a higher education institution preferred.
- Good computer skills required; experience working with recreation software (Innosoft Fusion) preferred.
- Strong organizational skill and ability to facilitate numerous events across a multitude of facilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills when working with students, faculty, staff and the community.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of $36,000 - $38,000 depending on qualifications & experience. Desired start date of July 1, 2021. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins April 26 , 2021 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University (DSU) is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating a student-centered active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - firstname.lastname@example.org , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - email@example.com , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George