Program Assistant for Department of Business & Entrepreneurship
Program Assistant for Department of Business & Entrepreneurship
Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability & health, the arts & sciences and business & communications. Chatham has consistently been named a College of Distinction and a "Best College" by U.S. News & World Report, and--as the alma mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of '29)'is perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United States by Sierra Magazine and the Princeton Review.
Chatham's mission is: "to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work...by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably." Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA--one of the country's most livable cities and great college towns--Chatham is spread across three distinct locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world's most sustainable campuses.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
To help support the work of the University, we have an immediate opening for a Program Assistant in the department of Business & Entrepreneurship.
Position Reports To: Chair & Program Director, Business & Entrepreneurship
Position Summary: Under limited supervision, provide highly responsible and administrative support and leadership to the chair/director and department faculty. Ensure the successful operation of the academic year through assisting and leading various tasks relating to faculty recruitment, onboarding, class scheduling, syllabi administrative review, student orientations, student administrative assistance, assessment, accreditation requirements and student engagement and community outreach. Organize and maintain of all electronic files, prepare/review academic checklists, maintain department website, assist in the planning/scheduling of business mixers and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree, Masters preferred.
- Proficient in MS Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), and leveraging social media tools.
- Excellent written, organizational, time-management and verbal communication skills.
- One to two years of project or supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to interact and work well with faculty and students.
Duties and Responsibilities: Leads and executes the administrative support function through effective operations and procedures to facilitate department and university objectives to support the student experience and academic mission of Chatham University, as follows:
- Maintains faculty, student, and alumni files with the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Assists the chair/director in Organizing the scheduling process for classes with respect classroom availability, course rotation, identification of viable instructors, and posting of schedule with Registrar.
- Leads the administrative review of syllabi and collects in files for appropriate accreditation documentation.
- Manages department communications through electronic and social media outlets and assists in the identification of faculty assignments relating to various admissions events.
- Assists in the gathering and drafting of communications relative to department program report, and other accreditation compliance and reporting matters.
- Gather documentation and assist in filing expense reports and purchase orders for department personnel.
- Organize and maintain the department electronic files relating to student files, accreditation, personnel matters, budget, department promotion, and other requirements as necessary.
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of all major/minor checklists for the department and assist in the review and accurate information on department website.
- Assist in the recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding of full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Assist in the management of administrative tasks by student employees and graduate assistants, in conjunction with the Chair/Program Director.
- Order office supplies and prepare purchase orders as necessary.
- Organize and coordinate program events such as business mixers, guest speakers, and student orientations in conjunction with Chair/Program Director and arrange all logistical elements.
- Develop and maintain Excel spreadsheets, create, and update PowerPoint presentations and work closely with department and university personnel on proper reporting of data and student information.
- Assist and participate in department and university meetings as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chair/Program Director.
Chatham University offers competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, professional resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Actively Seeks Diverse Candidates
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh