Coordinator of Mission Ambassadors
Provide administrative, programming, and project support for the Mission Ambassadors Program. Assist with collection of and working with data in relation to all aspects of the Mission Ambassadors Program, including but not limited to: participation in activities, events, service learning, Mission Ambassadors Formation courses, and other information necessary to measure success. Collaborate in developing initiatives that promote Mission Ambassadors' engagement and success, fostering an environment that allows them to develop a strong sense of belonging and inclusion, and creating programming that prepares them to lead in a diverse society. Promote the Mission Ambassadors Program and recruitment of students through personal outreach to high school students, including but not limited to: in-person visits to high schools, phone calls, emails, etc. This position requires positive energy, teamwork, customer service, initiative, professionalism, and high levels of integrity and confidentiality in addition to knowledge of campus resources. This person is responsible for handling sensitive information and records. It requires an employee who can make informed, independent decisions when necessary, and work without close supervision. Duties:
- Collaborate with the Director and Assistant Director of Mission
Integration in the development, management, and assessment of the
programming for the Mission Ambassadors initiative, including but
not limited to:
- Participate in programs and activities involving Mission Ambassadors including Sunday evening student Non-Denominational Worship Services and Mass; along with monthly evening prayers and/or gatherings
- Work collaboratively with the Offices of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; Admission, Service Learning; Athletics; and Student Affairs
- Assist with assessment efforts related to recruitment and retention of Mission Ambassadors
- Coordinate all logistics for the Mission Ambassadors programs and events
- Assist in coordination and implementation of Mission Ambassadors programs, prayers, retreats, and other co-curricular programming
- Assist with providing support, guidance, and mentoring to Mission Ambassadors
- Other duties as assigned.
- The employee's primary duty must be the performance of office or non-manual work directly related to the management or general business operations of the employer or the employer's customers.
- The employee's primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
- Promote and Recruit for the Mission Ambassadors Program
- Promote the Mission Ambassadors Program and recruitment of students through personal outreach to high school students, including but not limited to: in-person visits to high schools, phone calls, emails, etc.
- Manage inquiries and communication with prospective students identified by the Office of Admission who are interested in the Mission Ambassadors Program and campus ministry
- Assist with response to community inquiries and requests, both internal and external
- Contribute to the Mission Integration teams efforts by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the Office; helping others accomplish related job tasks when needed
Director and Assistant Director of Mission Integration; Administrative Assistant for Mission Ambassadors; Office of Admission; Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer; Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Coordinator; Associate Director of Service Learning and Civic Engagement; Athletic Coaches; University professional and administrative support staff; and students Supervision Exercised:
Mission Ambassador students and student staff for coordination of various prayers, events, and projects Supervision Received:
Works toward a previously defined objective with little daily supervision and uses a wide range of procedures to accomplish goals, plans, and arranges own work referring problems to the Director of Mission Integration
Bachelor’s degree required; Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred; Master’s degree preferred Experience:
Experience in a higher education environment or relatively similar environment preferred. A demonstrated ability and commitment to the mission. Demonstrated ability and commitment towards diversity, equity, and inclusion. Skills, Attributes Customer Service:
- Exhibit excellent student/faculty/ staff/community member customer service attitude in all responsibilities and interactions
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and student-faculty-staff customer needs and expectations; anticipate customer needs
- Willingness to be trained and become van certified to transport students in Mount Saint Joseph University vehicles
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Office of Mission Integration and other areas of the University as appropriate and as required during high service demand time
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, alumni, faculty, and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies while maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Check the accuracy of the information that is provided to others.
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and functions within department and/or position
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, Zoom, Canva, Internet, copier, fax machine, and scheduling and using Zoom
- Standing or sitting in one position for long periods. Office service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with constant service interruptions; faculty and student contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work; some evening hours and moderate Sunday evening hours. This position requires a current, valid Driver's License.
To apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati