Graphic Design + Communication Specialist
The Cleveland Institute of Art invites applications for the position of Graphic Design + Communication Specialist. The Graphic Design + Communication Specialist plays an integral role in assisting with all aspects of CIA's college communication and external relations efforts, working with clients across the College to develop print and digital communications for internal and external audiences. The position strongly focuses on graphic design work and writing.
As an employee at a college of art and design, the Graphic Design + Communication Specialist will have exceptional typographic and design skills as well as the ability to thoughtfully and creatively integrate word and image into a cohesive message. He or she will also possess the ability to clearly and efficiently collaborate with departments across the college to understand client needs while maintaining brand graphic and editorial standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designing publications, including the College's alumni magazine; advertisements, both print and digital; direct mail pieces sent to the College's alumni and supporters, such as invitations and brochures; internal communications pieces, including signage and digital assets; digital elements that can be used online and on social media, such as graphics and GIFs; and other marketing and educational materials as needed.
- Writing to develop both website and social media content; writing and coordinating information for internal and external e-newsletters.
- Website content oversight, including uploading content and updating pages.
- Coordination of design projects and production with internal clients, coworkers and outside vendors.
- Coordination of design projects, from concept to image research to completion, working with the director of college communications and external relations.
- Produce written content with visuals for website and social media, working with internal and external sources and adhering to journalistic standards.
- Research and conceptualize solutions for a broad array of projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent typographic and design skills.
- Fluent in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, especially InDesign and Photoshop, with demonstrated strength in typographic issues, multi-page document production, and strong skills in image color correction.
- Experience with Microsoft Office product suite, including PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated success in managing projects and final integration, and deliver projects on time within the given budget.
- Ability to work independently on strategic issues with client, capable of managing complex projects.
- Ability to work on and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Disciplined to drive and finish projects on time.
- Interest in and enthusiasm for collaboration.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational abilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: Must have at least an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- Three to five years of experience.
- Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience working in a higher education environment.
- Offset printing, bindery processes and distribution/fulfillment methodologies.
- Working in the field of print and online design and production.
- Proofreading and editing communication materials for grammar, clarity, style and tone, ensuring messages are not only consistent but also aligned with the College's brand and clients' needs.
HOW TO APPLY
Position is open until filled with priority consideration given for applications received by April 23, 2021. Send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job code GDCS21 in the email subject line.
Cleveland Institute of Art (CIA) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, CIA complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity or national origin.
The Cleveland Institute of Art is one of the nation's leading accredited independent colleges of art and design. Since 1882, the college has been an educational cornerstone in Cleveland, Ohio, producing graduates competitive as studio artists, designers, photographers, contemporary craftsmen and educators.
With approximately 600 students, CIA offers a personal educational experience with the benefits of a larger institution. Students choose from 15 majors and live and work in Cleveland’s University Circle, one of the country’s most unique cultural centers—recently named by Forbes Magazine as one of the 10 prettiest communities in the country.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Cleveland
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Cleveland
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Cleveland
- Editing & Publications Management Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Cleveland