Job Code/Title PD - Post Doctoral Position Number P00001 Working Title Postdoctoral Fellow Department Medicinal Chemistry Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range up to $52,000 Campus MCV Campus Position Type Post Doc Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Department of Medicinal Chemistry is seeking a postdoctoral fellow with experience in medicinal chemistry to perform research at the highest level of quality in glycosaminoglycan research at Virginia Commonwealth University. We specialize in developing and testing novel molecules against cancer, thrombosis and other diseases (see Mol. Cancer Ther. 18 (2019) 51-63; J. Thromb. Haemost. 17 (2019) 2110-2122; J. Med. Chem. 62 (2019) 5501-5511). The postdoctoral fellow will execute and troubleshoot chemical synthesis, biophysical/biochemical studies, and/or computational experiments directed towards discovering new therapeutics. The postdoctoral fellow must have the ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced and flexible environment, collaborate well with scientists from different laboratories, and demonstrate the ability to learn and grow scientifically.
- PhD in medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, biophysical chemistry, biochemistry or
- Experience in research involving chemical synthesis, biophysical/biochemical studies,
and/or computational experiments.
- Strong scientific record and excellent communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
-PhD in research involving glycans and protein – glycan interactions.
Job Open Date 04/01/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104778 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your research experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Pharmacology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond