Job Code/Title PD - Post Doctoral Position Number P00001 Working Title Postdoctoral Fellow Department Oral & Craniofacial Biology Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Campus MCV Campus Position Type Post Doc Hours/Week Normal work days M-F Normal work hours 8am - 5pm Job Category Laboratory Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? Yes Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Description of the Job
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join the laboratory of Dr. Iain Morgan at Virginia Commonwealth University ( VCU ) Philips Institute for Oral Health Research & Massey Cancer Center. The research in our laboratory focuses on the interaction of human papillomaviruses (HPV16) with host proteins. HPV are causative agents in around 5% of all cancers and our overall goal is to identify novel therapeutic targets. In particular, this position will focus on dissecting the interaction between HPV16 E2 and the cellular protein TopBP1 and understanding the role of the interaction in the HPV16 life cycle. The work will involve cell culture, biochemical characterization, functional cell biology assays, and HPV16 life cycle models. Our team is integrated into the Cancer Biology Program at our NCI-designated Massey Cancer Center.
• Candidates must possess a Ph.D. prior to May 31, 2021 in molecular and cellular biology or a related discipline and be available for a start date between April 1 and May 31, 2021
• Hands on experience with various molecular biology, protein chemistry, and cell biology techniques
• Significant hands-on experience with cell transfection and manipulation
• Experience with studying human papillomaviruses
• Hands on experience on dark-field, fluorescence, and confocal microscopes
• Must be self-motivated and reliable
• Attention to detail in experimental techniques and record keeping is critical
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as an employee at VCU
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work both independently and as a part of a team
• Ability to train, evaluate and supervise graduates and undergraduates and peer mentor assistants
Job Open Date 03/30/2021 Remove from posting on or before 04/07/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Please include a cover letter, CV, and the contact information of at least three references (including phone numbers).
More information about Dr. Morgan can be found here: https://philipsinstitute.vcu.edu/contacts/profile/iain-morgan/. For further information about this position contact Dr. Iain Morgan via email at firstname.lastname@example.org Philips Institute for Oral Health Research, School of Dentistry, Virginia Commonwealth University.
A competitive salary with excellent benefits will be provided, commensurate with experience.
The funding for this position is dependent on extramural sources.
Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104573 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current employee of Virginia Commonwealth
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Pharmacology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond