Grinding Room Assistant
This position is to assist in sales, customer service, safety training, and research required to operate and maintain the Grinding Room. Main responsibilities include: ensuring safe implementation of raw materials and clay processing equipment, monitoring hazardous waste collection stations, compiling weekly invoices and delivering them to the business office.
Other responsibilities include:
- Aiding communication with work-study students, T.A.’s, and faculty
- Helping to maintain current/correct inventory
- Completion of paperwork and communication with the business office
- Assisting Grinding Room safety training and comply with safety rules, regulations, and protocols
- Supervision of the work study students
- Assist students with use of equipment required to make clays and slips
- Maintaining documentation such as recipes and price lists
- Additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- BFA degree focused in ceramic art
- Working knowledge of ceramic raw materials -this includes sourcing alternate materials and adaption of clay bodies, slips and glazes for faculty and students
- Proficiency in use of ceramic equipment – i.e., Soldner, Muller and Shar mixers
- Demonstrate proficiency with computers
- Be able to lift 50 pounds (boxed clay)
- Demonstrate leadership ability for oversight of work study students
*Applications should be received on or before April 20th for priority review. Contact Walter McConnell, Ceramic Art Division Head, firstname.lastname@example.org u, or Matt Kelleher, Associate Professor Ceramic Art, email@example.com
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.