Administrative Assistant to the Dean
- Associates degree - Business/Secretarial education.
- Minimum of 5 years of secretarial experience in an academic environment.
- Ability to represent the School of Engineering in a professional manner and maintain a friendly/inviting atmosphere in the Dean/VP office.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple time sensitive commitments.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to deal calmly with periods of high stress.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
Power Point, Publisher); Banner, Blackboard and other course
management software. Office equipment- copier, scanner, fax
- General Administrative Support:
- Primary administrative support to the Dean of Engineering and VP of NYSCC
- Schedule appointments, maintain calendar; answer phone; prepare written correspondence (letters to students, faculty, colleagues, etc.); sort mail and make recommendation for actions; make travel arrangements and prepare travel expense reports; make arrangements for and assist school visitors; compile data for various reports; organize and maintain School files.
- Responsible for handling variety of important business matters with extreme confidentiality.
- Employment I Searches/ Promotion and Tenure:
- Oversee all administrative paperwork related to employment of all faculty and staff in School of Engineering and staff reporting directly to VP of NYSCC.
- Collect and distribute faculty annual performance reports (aka shine sheets); provide support for program chairs and P&T committee during annual review process; provides support to search committees; work with Human Resources to prepare recruitment request forms, position advertisements, and payroll authorization forms; maintain confidential employee files; organize itineraries and travel arrangements and reimbursement for candidates and other visitors.
- Purchasing and Budget:
- Assist with faculty/student purchases on university-issued credit card(s).
- Reconcile Dean's/VP's credit card statements.
- Use Banner 7 to oversee School of Engineering Funds and VP discretionary fund budget.
- Create and maintain a set of "shadow budget books" and compared to Banner 7 periodic reports.
- Submit corrections to business office as needed.
- Academic Programs:
- Provide administrative support to Dean and Assistant Dean for a variety of activities related the undergraduate programs, e.g. maintain files, student/parent correspondence.
- Record and post minutes for SoE Chair Meetings.
- Provide administrative support to student groups for purchases, travel, etc.
- Accreditation and Assessment:
- Provide administrative support for accreditation activities.
- Assist with implementation of assessment activities and preparation of accreditation reports.
- Maintain ABET room.
- Meetings and Events:
- Responsible for organizing and coordinating School and College events (dinners, receptions, etc.) as needed.
- Faculty Support:
- Provide administrative support for NYSCC Faculty Council Chair and NYSCC SUNY senator. Forward correspondence to faculty, post documents on blackboard, assist with scheduling NYSCC faculty meetings.
- Temporary Workers:
- Hire, supervise and train part-time, work-study, and temporary office workers.
- Maintains a safe working environment within and around their facilities and associated equipment and supplies including, but not limited to, obtaining Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information pertaining to any hazards associated with their work environment.
- Participate in safety training and comply with safety rules, regulations, and protocols.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Faculty Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred