Rowan Medicine Physicians and APNs
Department: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
Pediatrics, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Psychiatry
Reports To: Executive Medical Director
SUMMARY: The planned expansion of Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine and its clinical practice plan, Rowan Medicine, is fueling a need to expand the faculty at one of America’s elite osteopathic medical schools. We are seeking several full-time faculty from the specialties of Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Med-Peds, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, Pediatrics, Physician Medicine & Rehabilitation and Psychiatry to join our faculty in several integrated practices including the NeuroMusculoskeletal Institute (NMI) and Rowan Integrated Special Needs (RISN) Center .
Rowan University is a rapidly growing Carnegie-classified national public research university. Its School of Osteopathic Medicine was established more than 40 years ago and enjoys a stellar reputation for clinical care, research and medical education.
The selected candidates for these positions will provide and manage direct patient care at one or more of Rowan Medicine’s out-patient clinical offices located in the Southern New Jersey area and will have an active role in training and educating the next generation of medical students, interns, residents and fellows. Additionally, successful candidates will enjoy opportunities for faculty development and collaborative research with colleagues specializing in multiple disciplines throughout the University.
Most positions will offer an opportunity and dedicated time for teaching medical students in their first two years in a new satellite medical school campus.
Most positions require a valid New Jersey medical license, CDS license and DEA license. All positions offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. Opportunities and expectations associated with specific positions include:
Physicians and APNs
- Provide compassionate patient care focused on quality and value based care
- Work with a multidisciplinary team caring for patients, including those with complex intellectual, physical and developmental disabilities and their families
- Participate in collaborative research with faculty, residents and students
- NMI physicians would additionally provide care to patients seeking pain management and outpatient substance use treatment
- Teaching medical students and residents in their clinical skills development in the office while seeing patients
- Most positions will include an opportunity to teach medical students in their first 2 years with dedicated time allocated for a variety of teaching opportunities, which include: Problem-based Learning facilitation , assisting medical students to learn history-taking, physical exam, procedures and osteopathic manipulation skills in the lab setting
- May require participation in pre and post-doctoral training activities, education and staff development; involvement in department, school and university committees
These positions require board certification/eligibility in the specialties listed above.
Our main clinical campus is located in the Philadelphia metropolitan area approximately 8 miles from Philadelphia, 1 hour from the Atlantic Ocean and 2 hours from New York City.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
Advertised: Sep 25 2019 Eastern Daylight Time