Assistant Director of Athletic Academic Services - (STA007123)
Supports the overall administration of the academic services area of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics; provides guidance and academic assistance to student-athletes while effectively collaborating with internal and external constituents to facilitate academic success.Job Duties
- Ensures admissions requirements and satisfactory academic progress are met for all assigned incoming and continuing student-athletes pursuant to university, conference, and NCAA rules.
- Interprets, analyzes and monitors academic progress of assigned student-athletes.
- Assess student-athlete overall academic performance and its impact on progress toward graduation and NCAA eligibility.
- Maintains knowledge of all university, conference, and NCAA rules concerning academic standing and eligibility requirements.
- Perform advising activities for assigned student-athletes and provides guidance on student-athlete�s choice field of study.
- Communicates academic progress reports and status updates to assigned coaches and student-athletes.
- Provides advice and make recommendations to coaches on the academic potential of assigned prospective student-athletes and assists through the admissions and recruiting process.
- Ensures consistent and engaged attendance to class, tutoring, and learning specialist activities.
- Proactively monitor and provide intervention strategies for student-athletes.Serves as spokesperson/ambassador for the Athletics Department and the University of Houston. At all times and in all settings represent the Department and University in a way that positively reflects and grows affinity for all things UHPerforms other job-related duties as needed to facilitate overall Department success.
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional disciplines. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related, 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston