Program Coordinator 2 - (STA007139)
Coordinates and provides senior-level administrative support to an ongoing program at the University.
- Represent the Office of Optometry Relations as the first point of contact for the constituents we serve with positivity, warmth and a willingness to provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Coordinate busy student affairs/admissions/alumni affairs office with dynamic staff and students focused on positivity and while displaying excellent customer service.
- Coordinate calendars with multiple individuals.
- Maintain daily monetary reports, reconciling deposit information in partnership with the College's business office.
- Assist admission staff with recruiting events, applicant interview days, lead tours of the College, and serve as an ambassador for the program.
- Coordinate building facilities and resources for students including maintaining the yearly and semester schedules for these resources and managing all communications to students in regards to these assigned building facilities.
- Assist the Dean of Student Affairs with the coordination and execution of special accommodations for students, and serve as a liaison to the faculty to secure testing locations, obtain exam instructions, maintain exam calendar and facilitate communication between the Assistant Dean, students and faculty.
- Answer phones, assist callers by confidentially providing detailed admissions related information, and route calls to team members as required.
- Assist with social media, special communications and special projects.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Assist with college wide and unit specific event, including planning, logistics, set-up, registration, clean-up, follow-up, reporting, catering arrangements, etc...
- Maintain inventory control spreadsheet of office supplies and alumni and student recruitment items.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Experience may be accepted in lieu of education.
Notes to Applicant: Applicant must be a cheerful, open, self-assured communicator with the ability to work with an extremely diverse constituent base. Must be a welcoming, successful multi-tasker with a willingness to go the extra mile. Ideal candidate will have proven success working in an environment with rapidly changing deadlines and priorities while remaining flexible. Must be proactive and able to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team. Must be able to maintain confidentiality, show empathy, be an excellent listener as well as possess strong oral and written communication skills. Selected candidate must be able to work in an environment with disruptions such as unscheduled walk in visitors and busy phones, while remaining calm, poised, professional and respectful of the broad audience we serve. Must be willing to routinely assist team members with numerous projects and events, some outside of routine business hours.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston